108. Good Things Come To An End

ALISSA:

When school had finished, I drove myself to the place in my own car. I didn't dare wait around for Scott or Heath. Or anyone really.

I think I wanted today to happen the least, given my relationship with Heath. Because if anyone was going to suffer the most based on what had just happened, it was going to be me.

And because I had left school pretty much as soon as it had finished, it was no surprise I was the first to the place and twenty minutes early.

I sighed as I collapsed onto the couch, dreading every minute that lead to this conversation.

God why did Heath have to go and do that!? He managed to ruin everything in one stupid decision.

At this stage I didn't even know what was ruined. Scott seemed more concerned for Heath's life and future more than anything and I think that may have scared me into overreacting. I think the fact that Scott said everyone needs to be here means today isn't going to go great.

I groaned, wishing things could go back to how they were last semester. It's selfish but I could have quite easily gone without all of this drama.

I sometimes think I could have gone without meeting the boys at all. I should have backed down and let them walk over me like they did to everyone else in this school, on this side of town even.

But then they'd still be monsters. Heath would end up hitting Scott, Scott would explode from his emotions all building up, Zane would forever be miserable and would probably never graduate. I hate to say it but I think they needed me. But why did it have to be me! I wish someone else had helped them and I didn't have to deal with all the bullshit that came with being friends with them.

Or as close to friends as you can be in this situation.

It may have been for the best that my internal monologue was interrupted by the sound of someone in the place. I was soon met with the faces of Scott, Todd and David.

"Oh good, you're here." Scott said.

"What the fuck is going on?" Todd asked.

"We need to wait for Zane and Heath" David added.

I said nothing.

"Geez, what's your problem Holt? You look pissed" Todd said, catching the look on my face.

"Don't worry" Scott and I said at the same time, me sending him a warning glare. I knew he liked me and all but despite what Heath did, I was still with Heath and if anyone thought Scott and I were anything more, things would end up worse than they already were.

Because as far as I was concerned, I was upset when I kissed him and it meant absolutely nothing. Matter of fact, I wish he'd either ignore me or be a dick to me because he'd make it a hell of a lot easier to forget it that way.

"So now what? I'm supposed to waste my time waiting for dumb and dumber to show up?" Todd grumbled, sitting on the couch with his arms folded and a gruff expression on his face.

"Yeah, if you don't want me to beat the shit out of you" I spat at him. He looked at me, eyes full of both anger and shock but they soon melted into a glare.

"You watch what you say to me Alissa" He warned.

"Maybe you should watch what you say to me Todd. Isn't it clear that no one else is in the mood to be here either? If I had it my way-" I began but cut myself off before I either gave something away or said something I couldn't stop and didn't mean. Because saying something I didn't mean could be dangerous as I may find out I do mean it.