112. Adventure Awaits

When we got to David's, the four of us met outside before walking up to the front door.

"Are we sure we want to do this? I mean Dobrik's moody at the best of times" Todd said.

"No, you're moody and you two clash." Scott said as I bit back a laugh before nodding.

"Yes, we want to do this. David is our friend and has gotten us out of trouble many times. And by us, I mean you three" I said and Scott and Zane nodded.

"She's right, and the kids heart has just been broken Todd, give him a break" Zane said as Todd rolled his eyes but nodded.

"Yeah, okay lets do this then." He said, surprising us all as I knocked on the door.

"Can I help you?" A lady answered as the door opened.

"Uh, hi. We're uh, friends. Of Davids. Is he home?" Scott all but muttered. Her confused look melted into a relaxed smile.

"David, you have visitors" She called as a familiar face and figure walked into view.

"Mom? Do you mind giving me a few minutes with the guys?" He asked as his mom nodded silently and disappeared.

"What the hell do you guys want?" He all but seethed at us.

"Chill out man" Todd said.

"Yeah we just wanted to check on you" Zane said.

"You four," he gestured to all of us, "You four wanted to check on me?" He asked.

We all nodded.

"Yeah no thanks" He said, going to shut the door.

"Holt?" Scott whispered.

"David wait" I said, putting my foot in the door.

"Seriously guys, I'm not in the fucking mood" He said.

"Yeah well tough shit Dobrik" Todd sneered.

"Dude" Zane said as I looked back at him.

"Sorry, I'm not exactly great at this" He said with a sigh.

"Don't worry, no offence was taken" David muttered with his arms folded.

"Look, I think through recent events we've all become friends in some fucked up way and these bozos are learning that when you're friends. you watch out for each other. And I guess we hadn't exactly been doing that for you lately." I explained.

"So what? You want to come tell me you're sorry Liza dumped me and you're expecting me to smile and say thanks?" He asked and I shook my head.

"It's not like that at all. Look, this week hasn't gone well for most of us and we just want to unwind for a bit. We're going to chill at the place and watch some movies, eat some pizza and stuff. We came here with the intention of forcing you to join us but it's clear you don't want to. If you change your mind, you'll know where to find us. Come on guys" I said, turning and beginning to walk away. Todd, Zane and Scott looked at each other oddly before turning and following me.

"Wait" David's voice called. I stopped and looked back to him. He looked at me and sighed.

"I'll come" He said, running into his house then back out, shutting the door.

"Do you want a ride with us?" I offered but David shook his head, holding his own keys.

"I'll drive myself" He confirmed as I nodded and climbed into my car with Scott yet again.

We drove in silence for a while until he finally spoke.

"I can't believe you got him to say yes" Scott said, almost laughing.