74. Strike One

ALLIE:

Oh boy was Heath packing on the pressure!

I've never felt so much sexual frustration in my life.

No, seriously. The last month I have experienced more than the previous seventeen years of my life. He may have sounded cocky at the start but he doesn't know how many times I've almost given into him.

Thankfully we were going out bowling with Zane and Elton because had we spent another night at home alone, I may have lost to the temptation.

As we all drove in Zane's jeep to the bowling alley, I sighed as I looked out the window. Soon enough I felt Heath's hand snake into mine.

"All good?" He asked quietly as Elton and Zane laughed about something in the front seat, the reason I was sighing. I turned to Heath with a smile and nodded.

"Happy sighs, happy they're getting along, happy I've got you. Just happy" I whispered back. Heath visibly relaxed and met my smile with his own, the smile that sent me over the edge 99% of the time.

"Good. I'm happy you're happy. My family are amazed" He said and I laughed.

Heath's family really didn't expect much of him. They were very open and honest people and in a loving way always knew he was the black sheep, the little delinquent. So they had just accepted that he was always going to be that way and nothing much was going to change.

But then they met me.

Over thanksgiving I can't tell you how many relatives came up to me and said things along the lines of 'Never thought I'd see Heath with his act together' and stuff like that. I won't lie, at first I thought it was rude and disrespectful but Heath assured me that his family loved him above all else and this was their way of expressing their gratitude.

I mean, as his mom introduced me to some of them, she teared up and I think that's what sold them that this wasn't Heath going through a phase but that he was actually different thanks to me. Which was a lot to wrap my head around at first but then I took it all as compliments and that I had actually made a positive difference to someone.

So yes, I was truly happy.

A loud laugh brought me back to reality, reality being driving in Zane's car to the bowling alley. And the laugh belonged to Zane, Elton's face red and his smile big as well.

"Alright what did we miss?" Heath asked as Elton and Zane shared a look before cracking up again as Zane pulled into the bowling alley.

"Nothing" The two answered at the same time, huge ass smiles on their faces.

"Jeez, and you thought Heath and I being together was weird? You two being friends is so much weirder" I said, rolling my eyes as we climbed out of the car. Heath's arm instantly went around my shoulders as I welcomed his warmth.

It wasn't cold but it was a little chilly in the air because it was now dark and the sun had set so I enjoyed his body heat more than his physical touch, although I enjoyed that too.

"I hope you three are ready to get your asses kicked at bowling" Heath said as we paid.

"I was always gonna get my ass kicked" I said, knowing I was the worst out of the four of us.

"Finally something Alissa doesn't do better than me" Zane joked as I turned and punched his arm.

"Ow! You even punch better than I do, that's sad" He said and I shrugged.

"Don't forget it either" I jokingly warned as he laughed, shaking his head.

"I don't know about Elton getting his ass kicked Hussar, he may be the one to kick your ass. Remember Call Of Duty?" Zane said, reminding us all of the first time the four of us hung out, Elton kicking Heath's ass at video games.