9. Frenemies

By the time the end of the day approached, I was desperate to check the note. But I knew they'd find out, somehow, so I didn't bother.

Art was interesting. I focused on Heath a little more than usual, noticing split knuckles and a definite coldness towards everything. Todd grumbled and groaned the whole way through the entire class, and it eventually got too much, Heath snapping.

"Would you shut your fucking mouth? No one wants to hear you complain" Heath said.

"Go fuck yourself Hussar" Todd grumbled back.

"Enough, both of you. I actually want to pass this class and you're making it impossible." I contributed, quietly.

"It's not my problem he's an ass" Todd muttered.

"And it's not my problem you've got your head up your ass" Heath shot back.

"Stop. Please, I just want to survive today" I almost begged them.

"What more do you want from me? You already fucked me up and got what you wanted" Todd said, looking right past me to Heath.

"I just don't want to hear about how shitty your life is. News flash, all our lives are shitty" Heath said.

I just rolled my eyes and went back to my work.

"Roll your eyes at me one more time" Todd threatened.

"Let me do my work, please" I asked, wondering why I was trying to find common ground with him.

Todd then did something I should have expected, it still surprising me.

He shoved me really hard, knocking me into Heath and ruining a weeks worth of work for me.

"You wanna try that one more time cunt" Heath said loudly, getting out of his seat and grabbing Todd by the neck.

"Boys! That is enough! Heath, let him go. And I'll be seeing the three of you in detention after school today" She said as I sat there, tears springing to my eyes as I held my completely ruined work.

"Whatever, I'm out of here" Todd said, grabbing his stuff and leaving.

"Todd!" Miss Avery called. It was way too late, he was gone. Miss Avery looked to Heath and I.

"Detention. Don't even think about running" Miss Avery said as Heath sat in his seat.

I was still silent, looking at my page with the big rip and smudge on it.

"You okay?" Heath asked quietly. I looked at him.

"I don't want your sympathy" I whispered, my voice cracking. Heath sighed and nodded.

I had to rip the page out of my book, crumple it up and place it in the bin before starting all over again, tomorrow because the bell was about to go.

Detention, I can't believe it.

Not to mention, detention with Heath Hussar.

I sighed and packed up my things, waiting for the bell to go.

Miss Avery walked over to the two of us.

"Go to the detention room, in the west block. Heath you may have to show Alissa where it is" She said as everyone filed out of the class. The two of us nodded, packing our things. Elton was waiting for me, seeing as he had Calculus one block over and I usually got out of art a little late due to packing up.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked and I laughed a little.

"I got after school detention. I'm sorry, we'll walk tomorrow?" I asked and he nodded.