52. I Can Fuck Him Off By Breathing, Apparently

At lunch that day, after much convincing from me, Elton sat with us.

And as I expected, everyone but Todd was cool with it. Well Scott was distant but at least he wasn't making Elton feel uncomfortable like Todd was.

"Todd, can you stop staring at him?" I asked, catching the look on Elton's face.

Todd huffed and glared at me before going back to his lunch.

"Boy doesn't talk to her for weeks then all of a sudden is sitting at our lunch table" He muttered and I sighed.

"Stop being a prick Smith" Heath warned and Todd shrugged in response, clearly in a bad mood.

"Are you free to study this afternoon?" I asked Scotty, trying to distract myself from the death glares Todd was giving Elton and I. Scott shrugged, poking at his lunch still.

"What if I said no?" He asked.

"I'd ask if you actually want to pass. Because it doesn't seem like it" I said with a shrug.

"Are you fucking with me Holt? Of course I want to fucking pass" He sneered and I shrugged.

"Then be at the place this afternoon. Or else I can pretty much guarantee that you won't graduate" I said, somewhat forcefully and he sighed, clearly angry and frustrated.

"Fine! Fuck, whatever you fucking want!" He said, standing and leaving the table.

"Wow, I never thought I'd see that" Elton said with a laugh.

"That's pretty standard for them nowadays" David said with a shrug, talking about mine and Scott's friendship.

"He talks to you like that regularly?" Elton asked me and I shrugged.

"It's nothing I can't handle. Taking verbal abuse is my forte" I said, as a bad joke. It made Heath and Zane groan, the two of them used to my dark sense of humour. It made David cough, Elton flush and Todd snicker. Which was more emotion than he'd been showing today for sure.

"Oh so now you laugh?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I like it when people make fun of you." He said, me rolling my eyes.

"Okay, you would have not shrugged a comment like that off a month ago" Elton whispered and I shrugged in response.

"Once you realise that they're idiots, it's easy to not be scared of them" I said and Todd glared at me, as I had expected.

"I don't think I'm ever gonna get used to that" Elton said with a nervous laugh.

"You won't be around us long enough to find out" Todd sneered, me looking at him.

"Stop being a dick Todd, sorry your life is going bad right now but mine's actually good for once so keep your complaints to yourself" I said, finally sick of it. Todd simply stood up and walked away, shoving me as he walked away.

Out of instinct, I grabbed Heath's arm and stopped him doing anything.

"Give me the word and he's dead" He said and I shook my head.

"Just accept that Todd and I are never going to get along. We haven't in the last month and we won't." I said and he sighed.

"Don't let him push you around like that, literally" Heath said and I shrugged.

"If he actually really hurts me then I'll let you at him. For now, let him express himself how he chooses" I said and Heath sighed.

"Yeah, okay" He said, giving in. Which I rewarded with a quick peck to the temple, making him smile and Elton look on, shocked.