68. When Will It End?

ALISSA:

"I'm going to kill him" Heath seethed as we sat in the emergency room.

"You're not going to kill anyone. You're going to calm down and be my moral support. Thats why you're here remember?" I said, grabbing his hand. He was clearly still pissed but eventually he huffed and relaxed.

"Yeah, okay. I'm just pissed you let Zane drive the mustang before you let me" He said, cracking a joke.

"We should just be thankful Zane knows a guy who can fix the window for free. I can't afford that" I said and he nodded.

"I'm glad Elton was there" He said and I sighed.

"Yeah me too. He kinda came out of nowhere and then Scott was behind him, extremely out of breath. It was odd, to say the least" I said and he laughed.

"Sounds like they ran" Heath joked but my eyes went wide.

"They ran from Scott's house. They had to have! Zane called Scott and told him to get there as soon as he could and then Elton shows up with him. Oh my god!" I said, pulling out my phone.

"Yeah alright, take it easy" Heath said, shaking his head as I rolled my eyes, calling Elton.

"I'm sorry I bailed! I wanted to wait until you got off the phone with Heath but Scotty annoyed me and I just-" He started to speak really quickly as soon as he answered the phone.

"Elton, Elton! Relax" I said and he stopped, taking a deep breath.

"Heath and I are at the hospital right now, I was just calling to thank you for what you did." I said.

"You're welcome." He said and I smiled.

"So how did you wind up being my hero?" I asked and I heard him sigh.

"I was walking home, past Scotty's house and our old house. He was arguing with his mom, trying to climb into his car and stuff. I walked over and it took him a while to take me seriously but he finally realised I was dead serious about helping you. He began to lead the way but I sprinted ahead as he called directions from behind me. As soon as I saw your car, I ran for it." He said.

"But his house is at least six blocks from the place" I said and I heard Elton chuckle slightly.

"I ran cross country until sophomore year. As for the punch, I'm still confused as to where that came from" He said and I cracked up laughing.

"You amaze me Elton Castee, absolutely amaze me." I said, Heath catching the smile on my face and relaxing even further.

"So you're at the hospital?" Elton asked and I sighed.

"Per Heath's request. He thought I might have gotten a concussion after I told him you knocked Kameron out" I said and I heard Elton laugh on the other end.

"But you're okay? No concussion?" He asked after a while.

"Not a concussion but I needed a few stitches on one of the cuts on my arm and one on my face. We're getting ready to leave soon." I explained.

"Probably not the way you expected your Monday to go, huh?" He asked and I laughed.

"No, most definitely not. Thank you again, for today. It was pretty cool of you." I said.

"Any time Alissa, although please don't make this a habit" He said with a laugh as we hung up.

"Well that was an interesting day" Heath said as I sighed and collapsed back into my seat.

"You're telling me. Your mom is gonna be pissed" I said.

"And you think that because?" He asked.