96. Annoyed

ALLIE:

I don't want to know what the heck is even going on in his head. He must be pretty messed up to say something like that out loud.

He did say it right? I can't be imagining things. Imagining things means I'd be imagining what I want to hear and that was the last thing I wanted to hear.

Scott Sire is a prick and deserves nothing as far as I was concerned. Although to be fair, I didn't want to be concerned at all. Scott had never given me any reason to be concerned and I wasn't about to start just because he admitted he loved me.

God even thinking about it was making me shiver.

I just shook it off and continued to drive towards the Hussar's house.

When I walked through the door, Heath was there to greet me as I had guessed.

"Hey, everything okay?" He asked and I nodded.

"I'm still kinda tired and not feeling great so I think I'm just going to turn in for the night. Maybe read or a little light studying" I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Relax, study when you're not sick. I'll see you in the morning then?" He guessed and I nodded.

"Goodnight Heath." I said as he gave me a small peck on the cheek.

"Goodnight Al, I love you" He said, the words almost making me cringe as I thought of Scott.

"I love you too Heath" I said, kissing him on the lips before walking down to my room. I changed into pyjamas and crawled into bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was overcome with a wave on involuntary emotion. I sobbed as quietly as I could and it seemed to work out because there was no intrusion from any concerned Hussar family members.

God Scott, why do you have to mess up everything?

As if the night couldn't get any worse, Scott's name flashed on my screen as he attempted to call me.

First he threatens me not to tell then he continues to not let me even forget it. Everytime I see him all I'm going to think about is what he said. He needs to leave me alone.

I let it go to voicemail three times before a message appeared on my screen.

to: Holt
from: Scott

'Please, answer'

I quickly typed my reply and turned away from my phone.

to: Scott
from: Holt

'No way. Let me forget.'

Not even five minutes later there was a knock on my door.

"Yeah?" I called, trying to disguise the shaking in my voice.

"Al? Scott said you're not answering his calls and he sounded almost worried" He said as I heard the door open.

"I put my phone on silent so I could try sleep. Tell Scott to leave me alone" I said, not turning.

"Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded.

"Fine, I just need to rest. I'm exhausted" I lied and Heath sighed.

"I'll let him know. Why would he be worried about you though?" He asked and I snickered.

"I was wondering the exact same thing. He's in a mood. I think I put him in one. Or at least I'm about to" I said and Heath laughed slightly.

"I'm not even surprised anymore, you sleep baby. I'll see you in the morning" Heath said as the door closed. Through the tears pooling in my eyes, I still managed to smile at Heath's kind-hearted nature.