115. The Start Of Forever

"Wow" I said, taking his appearance in as well. He wore a simple black suit with a white shirt underneath, no tie and buttons undone. But the rose pinned to his blazer was bright red like my dress.

"Uh, you look beautiful" He said, trying to hide his blush and failing.

"You're not so bad yourself" I said.

"Why did you go to Gabbie's?" He asked, making me sigh.

"David told you?" I asked as he nodded.

"I went to get this done. I couldn't look like this on my own" I said and he shrugged.

"Well I like it, Gabbie did great" He said.

"But you are missing something. Close your eyes." He instructed and I did so, hesitantly but I still obeyed.

I then felt his hands behind my neck and a weight touch my chest as he tightened what I can only assume is a necklace to my neck.

"Alright you can open" He said and I did so, feeling a small gold circle pendant in my hand.

"Uh, this is a symbol. We've chased each other in an endless circle this year, we've gone from enemies, to friends and back and forth. We kind of aren't really getting anywhere, just going in circles. But so long as a circle never breaks, it never ends. So as long as we don't get broken, our friendship will never end. It's corny and gross I know but it's the reason I bought it" He said and I smiled.

"I love it" I confirmed, holding it tightly in my hand. He smiled and before either of us could do anything, he pressed a kiss to my cheek. We both blushed just as the boys came bursting in.

"Uh, I think we interrupted something" Todd said as Scott flipped him off and the others all laughed.

"Wow Alissa, you look great" Elton complimented as I smiled.

"Don't go flirting with other people in front of me!" Zane jokingly complained as Elton rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, still not straight. Promise" He said as the two kissed, making David and Todd fake gag.

Surprisingly through it all, David and Todd had become close. Seeing as I had replaced Todd as Scott's best friend and David was lonely and single, it worked out well and they realised they actually had a lot more in common than they thought. Kind of like Gabbie and I.

"Alright I promised all of your moms I would take photos so the sooner we get this done, the sooner y'all can leave" Cori said, appearing with her camera.

"The necklace, you knew didn't you?" I asked and she nodded with a wink.

"And you told them I was at Gabbies" I said to David.

"Which is when Todd came up with the idea to surprise you here" David confirmed with a nod and a grin. I grinned back as the six of us embraced each other for some group photos. Cori also took some of Zane and Elton together for them and even some of Scott and I together. Finally Scott looked at his watch and announced we should go.

I smiled as we walked out the front door together.

"That's the watch your stepdad gave you" I pointed out, reminding him of the Christmas we had spent together. He shrugged.

"Figured if one Christmas present was making an appearance today, another wouldn't hurt" He said.

"What's the other one?" I asked, confused.

"That necklace. I bought it for you in November last year but when you walked out of my house on Christmas day, I couldn't bring myself to give it to you because you were Heaths" He said as I sighed, looking down at my hand where Heath's promise ring still sat.