76. Helping The Helpless

ALLIE:

The next week, as we neared our two week Christmas and New Years break, was one of minor freakouts and breakdowns.

Mainly because for Heath, Todd and I it meant that some of our art work was due, mine and Todd's photography being due as well.

It didn't help that these guys didn't listen to reason, they just let themselves freak out.

"I have gone my entire school life not giving a fuck about deadlines, this is all new to me" Todd said one day as I told him to stop fretting.

"Todd you have an entire week to finish one painting, you'll be fine. I'm the one who's behind." I said as I looked over at the piece he had been working on. Admittedly he had been working on it for about a week already and it wasn't anywhere near halfway done.

I smile to myself as an idea popped into my head.

I simply pulled out my phone and sent a text to Scott

to: Scott
from: Holt

'I'm not tutoring this week, I'm going to help Todd finish his art. I need you all to stay away from the place'

I simply put my phone away and went back to my work.

"What are you smiling at?" Todd grumbled and I shrugged.

We were actually in photography but seeing as Todd had finished, Mr Hunter had graciously allowed him to work on his art.

"Nothing much. Just having a genius idea, as usual" I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah whatever." He mumbled.

"You know I'm genius. If I wasn't, you wouldn't be freaking out about school. Or passing school for that matter" I said and he chuckled.

"You know, for someone who everyone sees as humble, you're a cocky bitch" He said, shaking his head and making me laugh.

"Relax, I'm just kidding. Kind of" I said, smirking to myself and making Todd shake his head even more.

In my mind I was hatching a brilliant idea and I needed to have the support of at least Scott and Heath, making sure no one entered the place for the next week.

And as though I had wished upon a shooting star, Scott Sire soon answered my text.

to: Holt
from: Scott

'Not questioning, do whatever. Don't trash my fucking place'

I smirked as I typed a reply.

to: Scott
from: Holt

'I'll leave the trashing to you'

I could almost picture his eye roll as I hit send, making me smile even more than before.

"That grin is creeping me out Holt, quit it" Todd grumbled and I grinned.

"Make me" I said, somewhat more daring than I would have ever been with Todd. But somehow that fight brought us closer together. So instead of actually be threatened by me, Todd just laughed and shoved me slightly.

"You're fucking weird Holt" He said and I shrugged.

"Explains why I'm friends with you, huh?" I joked back.

"Yeah, whatever" He said as he rolled his eyes yet again.

Usually Todd Smith rolling his eyes at you meant run before he kills you. For me, however, it was a sign we were on the same page. And since our fight, the eye rolls had been continuous.