15. What The Fuck

Okay so this chapter I have been waiting to post for a long time and let me say right now that you aren't ready for this.

I wish I had a camera to record the look on my mom's face when Matt told her I had fallen on my arm and fractured it.

It was priceless.

"Matthew Holt, you are never taking her out again!" My mom scolded.

"Relax mom, it didn't hurt too bad" I said, lying a little. The push ups definitely fucked it more.

"Alissa this is your first broken bone" She said and I shrugged.

"Hairline fracture, cast for two weeks. It's nothing" I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Alright, but if she needs anything you better be getting it for her Matthew!" My mom said, walking away.

Matt rolled his eyes and looked at me.

"Need anything?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Ice cream" I joked and he shoved me.

"Watch out, you'll break my other arm" I joked again and he laughed.

"You're crazy Al" Matt said, shaking his head.

"I'm going to go do some homework before dinner" I said, escaping to my room. As I went to open my window, I noticed Scotty standing there. He didn't notice me until I opened my window. Then he jumped a little.

"Didn't mean to scare you" I said and he laughed.

"I don't get scared Holt, you'll learn that. Is that a cast?" He asked, looking at my arm.

"I thought you would have heard about that already" I said and he shook his head, confused.

"Why would I?" He asked.

"Because Zane was at the hospital?" I asked, shocked that the news, for once, hadn't spread.

"He was?" Scotty said genuinely, only confusing me further.

But then the reality set in.

"Oh my God, they didn't want you to know" I said, holding my hand to my mouth.

"Did he say what happened?" Scotty asked and I shook my head.

"N-no but it was obvious he'd been beaten up. By Heath" I said and Scotty sighed, resting his head in his hands.

"That's why they didn't tell me." He said and I looked over at him, confused.

"Look, Alissa. One thing you'll learn about us is that we butt heads a lot. But we all agreed, very early on, that no fist fights or else you're out. This week Heath's roughed both Todd and Zane up. He'd be worried about getting booted from the group so he'd make sure that Zane didn't let me know that Heath had done it" He said.

"Oh my God, please don't let them know you know! Heath will never forgive me and I think we're beginning to become friends" I said and Scotty smiled.

"I won't let them know. It might be exciting to have a secret only you and I know." He said and I rolled my eyes at his smirk.

"Not to mention if you guys kick Heath out, that's basically the end of my life because he was the only one convincing you all not to kill me" I joked, also half serious.

"Relax Holt, it'll be our little secret" He said and I sighed in relief, remembering that Heath said Scott can go back on his word. I hoped that he wouldn't.