2

Makoto waved as Kagami left through the staff entrance of the cat cafe.  His own shift had finished an hour before but he decided to stick around instead of leaving and coming back.  Makoto had joined the customers in the cat room of the cafe, spending most of his time petting one particular cat who's fur was striped, making it look like a tiger.  He and Kagami even named the cat Tiger.  Tiger always loved to hang around Kagami, often rubbing his head against Kagami's leg.  Tiger liked Makoto too, but mostly only when Makoto fed him.

Makoto went back to the main register in the outer room of the cafe.  This was usually Kagami's job as a newer employee.  Makoto was good with customers that came in, but he still preferred to be taking care of the cats directly.  Makoto still smiled at everyone that walked in, taking orders for drinks and letting people into the cat room.  He let out a long sigh, it seemed like it would be a slow two hours for him.

"You're cute when you're kind of sad like that."

The familiar deep voice made Makoto look up, his eyes meeting teal ones.  "S-Sousuke!"  Makoto could feel his face heat up a little just at the sight of his boyfriend.

"Surprise," he smiled, leaning across the counter.  Makoto immediately reached out and rested his hands over Sousuke's.  Sousuke moved his hands to hold onto Makoto's.  "I thought I'd drop by, keep you company during your extra shift."

Makoto smiled, his eyes closing as his smile grew wider.  "I'm glad you're here."  He gave Sousuke's hands a light squeeze, "I'm sorry I had to push back our plans."

Sousuke shook his head, "Its fine.  I'm still taking you out to dinner after this, so don't try and get out of that."

Makoto giggled, "I wouldn't dream of it."

He stepped back, walking out from behind the counter.  He took Sousuke's hand and pulled him towards one of the cafe tables, sitting down.  Sousuke followed him, one eyebrow raised, "Don't you have to man the counter?"

"For the customers," Makoto smiled, "But all of them, except you, are in the cat room."  Makoto scooted a little closer and Sousuke draped his arm around Makoto's shoulders, pulling him in closer.  Makoto looked up at him, "We might as well enjoy this lull."

Sousuke nodded, smiling.  He leaned over to gently press his lips into Makoto's.  Makoto gladly kissed him back, feeling completely happy to be in the arm of his lover.