75

Kagami was sitting behind a rundown grocery store with a few other teenagers.  This was the third day he'd joined them.  He'd noticed them smoking pot in the parking lot behind the grocery store in the afternoon of that first day he ran away.  He spent practically all the cash he'd brought with him on giant bags of chips and brought them out to the other kids as a way to get them to let him join them.  He didn't necessarily want to smoke pot, the first time he tried it, he couldn't stop coughing.  The other kids laughed, telling him that he'd get used to it.

He took a long drag of the joint before passing it along.  "Dude," the guy next to him said as he took the joint, "You don't look so good."

"Nah, I just haven't slept in four days."  Kagami shook his head, picking up another can of the energy drinks that he'd stocked up on.  He was already running out, but he was completely out of cash now.  He couldn't even buy himself food.  But he wasn't going to let that be the reason he went back home.  He wasn't ever going to go home.  He didn't want Alex to find him.

"Four days, man?  Why?!"

Kagami shrugged, leaning against the wall, waiting for the joint to come back to him.  "Can't go home."

"What you been doin if you haven't been sleepin?"

"Walking."  Kagami took the joint as it came back to him.  He hadn't taken off his shoes since he left home.  His feet hurt like hell since he'd walked all the way from the wealthy neighborhood on the far outskirts of LA.  But he didn't want to see how blistered and bloody his feet were, plus he knew if he took the shoes off, he'd never get them back on.

"Yo, Dude," the guy to Kagami's left exclaimed, leaning forward, resting a hand on Kagami's shoulder.  "I bet the dealer could hook you up with something real nice.  We're meeting up with him today."

"You trying to get pretty boy here to be a dealer too?"  The other guy laughed, "You gotta leave him alone."

Kagami shrugged, "I've got nowhere else to be.  Might as well join you."  He didn't think it all the way through of tagging along for a drug deal.  Well it was just pot, it was even legal in this state, just not for minors.  All Kagami knew was that he sincerely didn't care about what happened.

"Dude..." they both stared at Kagami for a moment before standing up.  "Let's go then, man."

[AN: Sorry, meant to post this yesterday! I hope you like it, I know it's been rather sad lately... maybe I'll just set the scene for Kagami living with the guy and then skip to how it ends, what do you think of that? 😅]