82

He checked the hall before walking back to Aomine's room. No one else seemed to be in the house, but he liked to be sure before he walked out completely naked. He made it back to Aomine's room, wanting to get dressed. He picked up his clothes, but they were the same ones that he'd been wearing for the last couple days. It would be pointless to put them back on.

He went to Aomine's closet, raiding it for something decent. Since he and Aomine had practically the same athletic body type, he knew any of Aomine's clothes would fit. He only hoped that Aomine wouldn't mind. He quickly pulled on a black T-shirt and blue plaid, flannel shirt to wear over it, and dark jeans to go with it. He felt like this outfit was very Aomine style. Thought of that made him giggle a little.

He rushed to the kitchen. He wanted to have breakfast, well, lunch, ready for them when Aomine got out of the shower. He only made something simple since he really didn't have much time. He heard the shower water click off. He looked up to see Aomine walking over to the kitchen, still dripping wet and wearing nothing but a towel around his waist.

Kagami's eyes lingered on Aomine's perfectly defined chest, the blood rushing to his face. He swallowed, forcing himself to look back at Aomine's eyes. "You know, uh, breakfast can wait until you're ready."

"I'm ready now." Aomine laughed, walking over to Kagami. "Besides, I love your reaction to me." Aomine licked his lips, looking Kagami up and down. "And you, too. Wearing my clothes, that's hot."

Kagami turned redder. "I love where you're going with this, but maybe we can resume tonight. I have to go to work still."

"We will, you can be sure of that." Aomine smirked, sitting down at the table as Kagami finished serving breakfast onto two plates.

Kagami sat down with him, setting a plate in front of Aomine. He couldn't describe how happy he was with Aomine. He could be open about anything now. It wasn't like he'd been hiding the things about his past before, but not sharing it did always feel like a barrier to connecting with the tanned male. He and Aomine both seemed to enjoy the quiet breakfast they had together more than before.

When they were finished, Kagami took the plates into the kitchen. "You better get dressed if you're going to go with me to the café."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll put on clothes." Aomine let out a long breath before standing up and disappearing down the hall leading to his bedroom.

Kagami laughed to himself, getting his wallet and keys before going to the door. Aomine joined him moments later, wearing practically the same thing as him. Kagami's eyes widened.

Aomine narrowed his eyes. "What? It's not like I planned to couples outfits. You're wearing my stuff and I don't have variety in my wardrobe like you."

"And here I thought you were doing it special for me," he teased Aomine. He took hold of Aomine's hand as he opened the door. He didn't mind wearing couples clothes. But something like this and the fact that neither of them cared enough to change made him happy. Maybe they were finally getting over the rough start they had.

[AN: I hope you like this update!! With the Wattys starting June 1st, I like I'm in a rush to finish this so I can edit it and make it shine more! Please bear with me! I hope you like where this goes! ☺️]