53

Kagami held his breath as he opened the door, he just hoped that Alex wasn't taking advantage of the privacy.  She had a nasty habit of going around nude and it always made Kagami uncomfortable.  He got the feeling that she did it more often around him because it bothered him so much.  She always seemed to enjoy teasing him.

He and Aomine walked inside and surprisingly enough, they were alone.  Kagami closed the door behind them, glancing over at Aomine, "She's probably out sightseeing.  She wanted to get more out of the trip than just work."

Aomine narrowed his eyes at Kagami a little, "Why is she here?"

"In Japan or in my studio?"  Kagami wanted to avoid answering the question if he could.  He went over to the couch he had, which was currently acting as Alex's bed, and sat down.

Aomine sat down next to him, leaning in as he said, "Both."

Kagami let out a sigh, leaning back against the couch, "She's here because my dad made a business deal with some of the wrong people and he's supposedly worried that I'm in danger.  He insisted that she stay with me, even though he didn't talk to me about it first."

"Supposedly?  Are you in danger?"  Aomine's expression darkened and Kagami could only hope that it was out of concern.

He shrugged, looking straight ahead, "I don't know, I could be.  Either way, I don't believe my dad really cares."

"If he really sent her halfway around the world to protect you, then he must care," Aomine put emphasis on the word really and Kagami could tell Aomine was having trouble believing him.

Kagami just shook his head, "He always sends her to clean up."

Aomine leaned closer still, narrowing his eyes, "Why are you letting her stay here?"

Kagami turned to look Aomine right in the eye, "She saved my life.  A couple times."

[AN: I hope you like this date! Does Aomine seem like he's going back to his old behavior at all or does he still seem mostly nice? I swear I'll go more into his reasons, just not quite yet 😅 anyway! I hope you liked this chapter! I plan to use Alex to add more to Kagami's backstory too!]