24

It was already the new year and starting the new quarter.  Kagami wasn't ready to go back to classes, he'd barely made it through the end of finals last quarter.  It'd been dead week when he stayed at Makoto's place and missed three days of classes.  He hadn't seen or spoken to Aomine since that night either.  Aomine tried to call him a couple times and messaged him asking what happened that night he was at Kagami's apartment and why he wouldn't talk to him.  But Kagami completely ignored him, kept his space and went home over winter break.  His family lived somewhat close to the university so he was able to still go into the studio to see Himuro.  Himuro wanted to take pictures for the winter issues of Adored.

Being away over the winter helped him forget, but as soon as he walked back into the apartment a couple days before the quarter started, he felt the crushing weight of everything that happened come back.  Today was the day he was moving out.  Over the break, Kuroko had found a new roommate, Akashi, to take Kagami's place.  Kagami had only been back here once and that was to pack everything up, now was the time he was finally able to take everything to the studio he found.  Having the second job really helped him not worry about the cost of rent for the new place, it was more, but it was definitely worth it to get away from here.

Kagami was stuck staring at the wall in the entryway where Aomine had taken advantage of him.  He could still see every detail from that night, all of it echoing in his mind.

"Kagami!"  Makoto's bright voice brought him out of his thoughts and he turned to the open door, watching as Makoto and a grumbling Sousuke walked towards the apartment.

Kagami smiled, he was really glad that Makoto was here to help, he felt like he was in danger of having a breakdown otherwise.  "Thanks for coming.  I rented a van for the day, it should only take one or two trips to get everything moved."

Makoto smiled, walking inside, Sousuke following behind.  Kagami walked with them to his room where all the boxes were stacked.  He didn't have much since he told Kuroko that he could keep most of the furniture.  With the three of them, there really wasn't much to do and didn't take long at all.  Kagami was glad of that because he didn't want to spend one extra minute in this place.

When Kagami had all the boxes in his new studio and the rental van returned, he was meeting up with Makoto and Sousuke.  He was treating them to dinner at some place near the university because after all their help, it was the least he could do.

They were sitting in the burger joint, Makoto and Sousuke had a good amount of food in front of them, but Kagami had the most, he always did.  Sousuke rested his hand over the top of his drink, looking at Kagami inquisitively, "Sorry if this seems weird to ask, but are you okay to be living on your own?  College is expensive."

Kagami shrugged, not really taking offense at the question, "I have two jobs."

"I've been wondering about that," Makoto leaned forward a little, looking at Kagami with a worried expression on his face, "Have you really been okay to go back to that job?"

"I cancelled on Himuro a lot at first.  Used the excuse of having finals to take," he shrugged, trying to not think too much about it, "But it's not that bad...  I'm used to it now..."  His voice came out completely disheartened and desensitized.

Makoto furrowed his brow even more, "You're really okay with stuff like that?  I mean, is it all like the stuff you showed me?"  Sousuke narrowed his eyes, one eyebrow going up.

"A lot of is controversial, that's just their thing," Kagami shook his head, ignoring Sousuke's reaction, "But no, it's not always that exposing.  I did have to convince Himuro that it didn't have to be though."

"I know, before you and Himuro..." Makoto paused, feeling a little embarrassed just asking about Kagami's sex life, "But have you since?"

"Just once," Kagami dropped his gaze to the table, he didn't want to admit that after what happened with Aomine, he was already active with someone else.  "I just wanted to feel strong again..."

Sousuke furrowed his brow, letting his hand fall to the table.  He kept alternating his gaze between Makoto and Kagami.  "What are you two talking about?"

Makoto and Kagami each looked at each other for a moment before simultaneously saying, "Nothing."

[A/N: sorry for the time skip, I usually don't like those but I just had to have some time pass]