11

He stood on the side of the studio, away from where the backdrop was set up, away from where the camera was facing.  Himuro told him that they were done for the day and that he could go change back into his clothes.  Kagami was certainly glad about that.  They'd spent two hours taking pictures, Kagami had gotten over being embarrassed about being naked for the most part, but it was still longer than he was comfortable with.  He let out a long breath, he was the one who willingly signed up for this.

"Good job today, Taiga," Himuro smiled, walking up to Kagami.

Kagami quickly finished pulling up his pants.  Couldn't this guy at least wait until he was back in his clothes?  It was different being looked at through a camera lens than straight on.  He smiled back, he had no reason to be rude.  "Sorry I wasn't able to stay still for long."

"Oh no worries," Himuro rested his hand on Kagami's upper arm, thumb lightly rubbing Kagami's bicep, "I know you're new to this, before long you'll be a complete professional."

Kagami forced the smile to stay on his face, he really didn't like the way Himuro was touching him.  He still wanted Aomine.  Aomine.  Who unfortunately didn't want him back.  Kagami had finally succeeded in getting the tanned male out of his head only to have one touch force him back into his thoughts.  Kagami made an effort to keep speaking evenly, "Thanks."

Himuro stepped back, saying as he turned around, "I'll let you see the pictures before I release them on the site.  We can discuss time for the next photoshoot then."

"Sounds good," was all Kagami could think of saying.  He finished pulling on his shirt, picking up his jacket and the rest of his things.  He started to leave the studio, smiling to Himuro as he walked past him, "Good night."

Himuro just waved back and kept doing something with his camera.  When Kagami got outside, fresh, cool air hit his face.  He took a deep breath, it felt so nice to feel the cool wind on his face.  He pulled out his phone, there had to be twenty messages from Makoto.  He told him earlier that he'd tell Makoto everything later.  He figured that Makoto was just impatient.  He quickly messaged back, saying that he was sorry and got caught up at work.  He didn't know if Makoto would believe him or not, but it didn't matter.  He  quickly locked his phone after the message sent.  A while ago, he'd set the home screen wallpaper to a picture of Aomine playing basketball that he'd taken without the tanned male's knowledge.  Right now, he just couldn't bear to look at it and still be happy.

He got on the bus heading back home.  Tomorrow was Friday, he didn't have any classes on Fridays so he and Aomine usually took the time to go play a one-on-one.  Since Aomine canceled, he didn't want to be stuck at his apartment with nothing to do.  He pulled his phone out again, quickly navigating to his messages and telling Makoto to meet him at the cat cafe.  Neither of them had shifts that day, but Kagami wanted to just go there and hang out with the cats.  He usually used Friday for basketball and studying, but at the moment he didn't want to do either.  A few minutes later, he got a quick "ok" from Makoto.  It was unusual for Makoto to send such a short response.  Kagami waited a minute for something else, but nothing else came.  Kagami looked at the time, it wasn't that late, he figured Makoto was just having a late dinner or studying or something.  It didn't really matter anyways, he'd see Makoto the next morning anyways.

He finally made it home, Kuroko was even there to greet him as soon as he walked through the door.  He smiled at his ever observant friend.  Kuroko looked back at Kagami with seemingly unblinking eyes, "Where've you been Kagami-kun?"

Kagami shrugged, "I had some extra work."  He certainly wasn't going to tell Kuroko about his new job modeling for Adored.  He knew that Kuroko would tell Aomine and that was something that he really didn't want.  Aomine seemed to think that he never did anything, like he was innocent and naive or something.  He certainly didn't need that image changed for Aomine now.  Especially since Aomine would never have the chance to see him as anything else.

Luckily, Kuroko didn't press it and Kagami was able to slip away to his room again.  He set his things down and went back out to the kitchen, busying himself in making dinner for himself.