83

Aomine opened the door for Kagami as they got to the café. He walked inside, smiling when he saw Makoto walk out of the staff room. He looked back at Aomine. He bit his lip, saying quietly, "I have to go get ready for my shift."

Aomine nodded. "Sure. I'm going to get a coffee and study here for a while."

"If you wait a couple minutes, I'll get behind the counter and make it special for you."

"You're such a romantic," he said with a chuckle. "I'll wait." He went to sit at a table where the cats were.

Kagami smiled. He knew he was being a bit too sappy, but he couldn't help it. He hadn't been this happy in months. He hurried to the staff room, setting his stuff down in his cubby and getting out a barista apron. He quickly washed his hands and went back into the café to join Makoto behind the counter.

Makoto smiled at him. Ignoring the small line of customers, he walked over to Kagami, nudging his side. "I'm glad to see you're alive. I can't believe you just left and didn't say anything."

"Sorry about that." Kagami scratched the side of his head. "Things did go well though."

Makoto's gaze shifted to the line. Aomine was standing at the back of it. "I see he came here with you today."

"I know," he said with a giggle. "I'm really happy about it, actually." Makoto stared at him, his eyes wide. "Don't worry, I'll tell you the whole story later."

"You know I care about you." Makoto smiled, patting Kagami's arm before going back to the customers in line. Kagami started filling the orders as Makoto took them, calling out the name of each customer when it was ready. He was being a little sloppier than usual. He just wanted to get to Aomine's drink.

Finally, he heard Aomine's order for a black, drip coffee. He picked up one of the paper cups next to the register, saying to Makoto, "I got this one."

Makoto looked at him for a moment, eyes wide before laughing. Kagami still wrote Aomine's name on the cup and even added a heart after it. Even though it was just a cup of coffee, Kagami still made a fresh batch of coffee just so Aomine could have his cup fresh. Moments later, Kagami set the cup down on the counter. "Aomine," he called out to his boyfriend.

Aomine walked up, he'd been watching him the whole time. He took the cup, noticing the heart on it. He snickered a little. "You really are happy today."

"Yeah, I think things are going to get better. You know, I..." He looked down and took a breath. "I know we ended up just being physical again this weekend, and I know we both enjoy each other's company like that...but there is more to us than just doing it, right? There's more to our relationship than sex, right?" He couldn't stop the way desperation seeped into his voice. He just wanted Aomine to love him for all of him, not just the physical parts of him.

Aomine rested his hand over Kagami's. "Yeah, we are more than that. Maybe we should talk again about what happened. Not here though, somewhere we can have some privacy."

"You're not breaking up with me after all, are you?" Kagami held tightly only Aomine's hand. It was a silly thought, but one that was difficult to shake. Even with the way Aomine did show him genuine caring, it was easy to blame himself for being bad boyfriend material.

"Kagami." Aomine's tone was gentle yet demanding. "Look at me." Kagami looked right into those deep blue eyes. Aomine gave Kagami's hand a squeeze. "I'm not breaking up with you."

Kagami let out a breath of relief. "I love you."

"I love you too." Aomine kissed Kagami.

Kagami kissed back, for a moment forgetting where they were. Until Makoto cleared his throat. Kagami pulled back, his face a bright red.

Aomine smiled. "I'll be in the cat room. I think Tiger likes me." He said with a wink and let go of Kagami's hand.

[AN: well, this took some getting over with technical difficulties, for once the wattpad app worked better than the wattpad webpage. 🙄 that aside!! The story has been UPDATED!! It took me a few days to reread through everything that's happened to this point, but I'm all caught up again and Adored is back in my update Rotation (found on my profile). Also, any mature chapters have been taken from the "unrated" book and added into this book in the appropriate places. Thanks for reading!!]