9

Makoto sighed melodramatically, flicking his finger across his phone screen to refresh his messages again.  Nothing from Kagami.  He waited an hour before messaging him, but after that he sent Kagami a bunch of messages, none of which Kagami was responding to.

A hand rested on Makoto's shoulder and he looked up to see Sousuke's teal eyes looking down at him.  Sousuke's brow furrowed, "What's wrong Makoto?"

Makoto shook his head, bringing up a hand to rest over Sousuke's.  "It's nothing really, just worried about a friend."

"Is there anything you can do to help?"  Sousuke moved to sit down next to Makoto on the couch.  Makoto shook his head in response.  Sousuke gently rubbed Makoto's shoulder, saying, "Who's the friend?"

"Kagami," Makoto was hesitant to say his name at first and with good reason.  The second Makoto said his name, Sousuke took his hand from Makoto's shoulder, expression souring.  Makoto bit his lip, knitting his eyebrows together worriedly, "You should've seen him earlier, he looked like he was about to cry.  And now he's not responding to any of my messages asking if he's okay."

"Makoto," Sousuke's voice was a little deeper than usual, it always sent chills down Makoto's spine.  "If he isn't replying, then it probably means that he can handle whatever's going on.  You don't need to make his problem yours."

Makoto let out another sigh, leaning over to rest his head on Sousuke's shoulder.  Sousuke almost instantly wrapped his arm around Makoto, pulling him closer.  Makoto ran his fingers over the buttons on Sousuke's shirt as he spoke, "I know you're right, sometimes it just really seems like he needs my help though."  Makoto said more quietly, "It's kind of nice having someone else's problems to help with..."

Sousuke was quiet for a moment and Makoto almost believed that Sousuke hadn't heard his last comment.  He kind of wished that he hadn't, Makoto didn't really mean to say it out loud.  But Sousuke had heard and looked down at Makoto, asking, "Why?"

Makoto shrugged and snuggled closer to Sousuke, wanting to pretend like he hadn't said anything at all.  "Makoto," Sousuke's voice was a gentle push.

Makoto pulled his knees to his chest, "I don't know...  I feel like things have been so... complacent... lately.  I just feel... bored."  Makoto said the last word quietly, like it were a curse word and he felt bad saying it.

"Don't tell me that working at the cat cafe is boring." Makoto could feel Sousuke's chest move as he laughed.

Makoto smiled, shaking his head, "Of course not.  I love all the cats we have there.  I just want... a little spice, I guess."

"Being with me isn't enough?"  Sousuke pulled back a little so he could tilt his head down and start to lick behind Makoto's ear.  The spot was so sensitive and always made Makoto tremble.

Makoto swallowed hard to try and keep himself under control. "S-Sousuke... you know that's... not what I mean."

"No?"  Sousuke pulled Makoto to sit on his lap, facing him.

He slowly moved his hands up and under Makoto's shirt, fingers dancing over the smooth skin on Makoto's chest.  Makoto couldn't keep from shivering, Sousuke always knew just how he liked to be touched.  He bit his lip, trying to suppress a moan, but when Sousuke's fingers reached his nipple, he couldn't hold it back.  "Sousuke~" he moaned his lover's name, leaning in to kiss Sousuke.

[A/N: do you want to read the smut that happens next or just pick up after? XD
Update! The continuation has been posted in the work titled Adored Unrated, if you want to read, please go check it out!]