16

Makoto was working alone at the cat cafe.  Well he wasn't really alone, there were two other people also working the shift.  It just felt like he was alone when Kagami wasn't working with him.  Plus, today he was acting as the barista instead of actually helping with the cats.  He liked being a barista and helping the customers, he just felt sad when the cats were so close and he couldn't go over and pet them.

A hand appeared on the counter in front of him.  Makoto followed the hand up to his boyfriend's beautiful teal eyes.  Sousuke smiled, "You okay?  You seemed like you were pretty lost in thought there."

Makoto smiled, his eyes closing as he did, "Of course, I was just looking at the cats."  Sousuke raised his eyebrows, he knew where Makoto was going with this.  "They're so adorable, I just want to be with them all the time."

Sousuke laughed, raising one eyebrow, "What about me?"

Makoto giggled, "I guess you can be there too."  He started to get Sousuke a coffee, he always knew exactly what his boyfriend wanted.  Makoto drew a little heart next to Sousuke's name on the cup and handed it to him.  "I'll be done in two hours."

"Two hours?"  Sousuke took the cup, looking at the little heart Makoto put there for him.  His boyfriend was just too sweet.  "I'll be here when you're done."  Sousuke left some money on the counter for the coffee and was about to leave.

Makoto's brows furrowed.  He reached out brushing his fingers against Sousuke's arm, "Where are you going?"

Sousuke looked back at him.  He swore that if Makoto had cat ears, they'd be folded forward and sad.  Sousuke walked back to the counter, smiling at his lover, "To make preparations.  Remember, our anniversary is coming up soon."

Makoto smiled wide, he hadn't forgotten, but it hadn't been on his mind at the moment.  Thinking of their anniversary made him so happy, this would be their second anniversary together.  He giggled, "You're so sweet."

Sousuke let out a small laugh and leaned in to peck Makoto's lips.  "But you're sweeter."

He turned again and left the cafe, Makoto smiled as he watched him go.  He knew Sousuke would do something special, he was thoughtful like that.  And whenever Sousuke did something so sweet, it really made his heart flutter.  He felt so lucky to have him, he didn't want anything to come between them.

Makoto turned his attention back to the cafe.  A small line had formed in front of him, waiting to place orders.  Makoto smiled apologetically at them and moved the line as quickly as he could.