61

Kagami scribbled a note and left it on the coffee table for Makoto.  He didn't want to wait until his friend woke up and he certainly didn't want to go disturb him.  He sighed to himself, walking out the front door.  He knew that Aomine was going to question why he was in the same clothes as yesterday.  Hopefully Aomine would believe him when he said nothing happened.

Kagami walked down the quiet streets, it was barely six in the morning, hardly anyone was out and about.  And even though it was spring, it was still cold in the morning.  Colder than he was ready for too.  He hadn't exactly left his apartment last night with a jacket.  He just pulled the sleeves down of his shirt, hoping that he'd get to Aomine's place soon.

Luckily, Aomine's place was a close walk from Makoto's apartment.  It didn't take him too long, but long enough for him to feel like he was freezing.  He rang the buzzer on the apartment building door.  There was no answer.  He really hoped that Aomine hadn't gone to sleep again.  He pressed the buzzer again and this time Aomine answered, "Hello?"

"It's me."

"Oh yeah."  Aomine yawned and didn't say anything else.  Moments later, the door buzzed and unlocked so Kagami could walk in.  He went up to Aomine's door.  He didn't even have to knock, Aomine swung the door open.  Aomine didn't say anything, he just took hold of Kagami's arm and pulled him inside.

Kagami kept his head down.  He couldn't look at Aomine, he felt so bad about what happened and not talking to Aomine at all.  He mumbled quietly, "Sorry..."

Aomine still didn't say anything.  He pulled Kagami closer to him and wrapped his arms around him tightly.  Kagami was wide eyed, staring at the wall.  This was not the reaction he expected from Aomine.  Maybe it was a good thing that Aomine was half asleep.  Kagami wasn't going to let the moment pass.  He hugged Aomine back tightly, letting himself relax against Aomine.

[AN: I hope you like this update! I thought I'd go for a quiet Aomine at the moment, of course they'll actually "talk" about what happened at some point, but Kagami could use some good feels right now! 😊]