79

Makoto was absentmindedly pushing his pencil across his notebook. He was trying to study since it was Saturday. He and Sousuke were sitting at the kitchen table, textbooks sprawled everywhere.

Makoto abruptly threw up his hands. "I just don't get why he would just leave."

Sousuke looked up at him, his brow creasing with worry. "Kagami said in his note that he was going to work things out with his boyfriend, right? I thought you'd be happy about it."

"Well, I am, of course, but..." Makoto trailed off, he wasn't sure why he was so upset. This wasn't particularly unusual behavior for Kagami. "That was this morning. Why hasn't he said anything? It's evening now."

"Maybe that means things went well?" Sousuke tried to point out.

"I guess," Makoto chewed his lip, "It's just that Aomine doesn't seem like the most reasonable person..."

"And I'm sure Kagami will tell you all about it when you see him at work tomorrow." Sousuke leaned over the table, pecking Makoto's lips. "Let's go out to dinner tonight."

"Oh no, it'd be too much trouble," Makoto's face reddened a little. "I didn't mean to make you worry about me."

"I know you didn't," Sousuke smiled, pushing his chair back and standing up, "But I want to treat you."

Makoto turned redder, looking up at Sousuke. He grinned, his eyes closing as he smiled. He got up from the table, walking with Sousuke to get changed to go out. "You're being too sweet to me."

Sousuke kissed the side of his head. "No, not sweet enough."

[AN: was this adorable enough? xD I'm sorry the fluffy chapter was so short! I promise that the next chapter will also be about SouMako, perhaps next two chapters? IDK actually... I'm also open to what you would like to see as resolutions to the AoKaga issues (cuz only happy feels ahead for SouMako xD) so, thoughts??]