43

Makoto had meant to go home already, he was keeping Sousuke waiting. He just wanted to finish with the last of the cleaning at the cat cafe, or at least that's what he said. Honestly, the cats were too cute for him to be able to pull himself away. Tiger and Ao were often following Makoto around when Kagami wasn't there. Makoto felt so bad for them, Kagami wasn't spending as much time with them as he used to and Makoto just wanted them to feel loved too.

He was packing up his stuff, about to close up for the night when a customer walked in. He clicked his tongue, it was just his luck that by the time he wanted to leave, there was someone there. He smiled as he walked out to greet the tall blonde woman. "Can I help you? We're about to close, the last session to pet the cats ended."

She shook her head, taking off her large, green frame glasses, cleaning them a little before putting them back on. She smiled, "I'm actually looking for Taiga, is he here?"

Makoto raised his eyebrows, this lady must know Kagami well if she called him by his first name. He shook his head, "His shift ended a while ago."

"That's too bad," she turned around, walking towards the door again, "When you see him, tell him Alex wants to say hi."

"Sure," Makoto didn't say much else, he just let the woman leave the cafe. Something about the whole situation felt... weird. He had to wonder who she was to Kagami. He quickly pulled out his phone, texting Kagami and telling him that the lady, who he was assuming was named Alex, had come by looking for him. He shove his phone back in his pocket and picked up his backpack. He waited a minute to make sure the coast was clear before leaving the cafe and locking it up for the night. Now he really wanted to just get home to Sousuke and Aqua.

[A/N: remember that backstory I promised? xD well she just walked through the door. I'll go into more in a later part but basically, I just feel bad for Kagami all around... but anyways! what did you think of this part?? ^^]