52

Kagami's shift was minutes from ending and Aomine was already walking back into the cafe.  Kagami had almost half expected Aomine to be late like he usually was.  Since the person taking over his shift was already here, Kagami went to the staff room to get his stuff.  He started to pack up his bag, moving as quickly as he could.  Honestly, he just didn't want to be in the room anymore, he couldn't help but get embarrassed again at the thought of him and Aomine fucking right here.

He hurried out of the room, trying to control himself enough to keep his face from heating up.  He smiled and walked up to Aomine, "Ready to go?"

Aomine raised an eyebrow, letting out an amused laugh, "Of course."  He took hold of Kagami's hand pulled him out of the cafe.  Kagami couldn't keep himself from staring at their hands.  Aomine was voluntarily holding hands with him.  He almost didn't believe it.  But he did hold onto Aomine's hand back.  Aomine glanced at him as Kagami started leading the way to his apartment, "I can't believe this is all it took for you to let me get closer to you."

"All it took?"  Kagami raised his eyebrows, looking back at Aomine, "It's like you're a different person than the one I left in your apartment."

"Really?"  Aomine's brow knitted together, "Weird,"

Kagami narrowed his eyes, looking closer at Aomine.  He found it hard to believe that Aomine hadn't realized how different he'd been acting.  But he didn't say anything else about it, he just kept walking hand in hand with Aomine.  Things were good right now, far better than they'd been and Kagami wanted to enjoy it.  He didn't want to dissect why Aomine was so different, he just wanted to savor it.

Too soon, he and Aomine got back to his apartment.  Kagami pulled Aomine inside the building.  He just hoped that letting Aomine know where he lived was the right choice.

Aomine looked around the building as they walked up the stairs and down the hall towards Kagami's studio.  He smiled back at Kagami, "This is one of the nicer buildings around here.  How do you manage to live here by yourself?"

Kagami shrugged, he wasn't ready to tell Aomine that he got a second paycheck from modeling for Adored.  "I'm resourceful."

"You lived alone in high school too," Aomine laughed a little, "Do your parents have money or something?"

Kagami clenched his jaw at the mention of his family.  It wasn't Aomine's fault really, Aomine didn't know about his family dynamic.  He nodded, forcing himself to relax, "Yeah, they do.  But I pay for this myself."

Aomine shrugged, not realizing that he struck a nerve, "I didn't realize my boyfriend was loaded."

"I'm not..." Kagami shook his head a little.  He was glad when they reached his door, they could finally change the conversation topic.  He glanced back at Aomine, "This is it..."

[an: what do you think of this update?? Do you believe that Aomine doesn't notice his changes in behavior? Any thoughts??]