44

He walked through the door, Aqua was there to greet him. She was curled up in a little gray bundle on the floor. Makoto couldn't help smiling, he walked in, quietly closing the door behind him and bent down to pick her up. She seemed to cuddle closer to his chest, making Makoto smile more.

He walked in and set his bag down. Moments later, Sousuke emerged from the kitchen, and went right to Makoto, pulling him into a tight hug. Makoto hugged him back with one arm, still holding the sleeping Aqua in the other. Sousuke pulled back, looking at Makoto, brow knitted together, "Where have you been? You were supposed to have an early shift today."

Makoto looked down, feeling guilty about staying so late, "I got caught up with helping the cats, I'm sorry I didn't tell you..."

"You had me worried," he rested a hand on Makoto's cheek, kissing his forehead, "I know how you have trouble saying no to people and that always makes me worry when I'm not with you."

He rested a hand over Sousuke's, nuzzling against it, "I'm really sorry. I let time get away from me. I've just been a little worried about the cats at the cafe."

"They'll be fine," Sousuke took hold of Makoto's hand, "They have you there to love them during the day, but you still need to come home and be with the kitten we have here."

Makoto giggled, pecking Sousuke's lips, "I know my Sousuke and Aqua need love too."

Sousuke just smiled, pulling Makoto towards the kitchen, "Come on, I have dinner ready."

"Really?" Makoto followed him into the kitchen, he could smell the delicious food his boyfriend made. He pecked Sousuke's cheek, "You spoil me too much."

Sousuke shook his head, bringing plates of food over to the table, "Not enough."

[A/N: how'd you feel about the SouMako feels? Happy with them? I'm sorry I deprived you of SouMako feels for so long! Next part will probably also be SouMako and then back to Kagami's backstory!]