45

He woke up in Sousuke's arms the next morning and immediately snuggled closer to his boyfriend. He felt like it'd been too long since he'd been able to enjoy quiet moments like this with Sousuke. He needed to stop worrying about Kagami so much, but it was just so hard because of how much Kagami seemed like a complete train wreck.

Sousuke stirred, nuzzling against Makoto's neck and placing a light kiss on it. "Let's just stay like this for a while, okay?"

Makoto smiled, closing his eyes and cuddling up to Sousuke, "Yeah, I want to stay like this too.

Sousuke's eyes widen a little, "You're not going to leave for classes or the cat cafe or something?"

"Of course not," Makoto shook his head, "I want to be here with you."

"You've just been rushing off so much lately," his eyes narrowed and his tone was serious.

Makoto glanced down and back up to look at Sousuke, "I'm sorry Sousuke, I've been too caught up in work and classes and Kagami lately."

"You have," Sousuke chuckled a little but Makoto knew that he wasn't amused.

"But right now, I just want to be here with you," Makoto leaned forward to peck Sousuke's lips, "I want to be with you more."

Sousuke smiled, tightening his grip around Makoto, "You know that I'll always want you, I can't stand the thought of you drifting away from me."

"I promise I won't ever let that happen," Makoto smiled that classic, beautiful smile. It just melted Sousuke's heart. He leaned in to kiss Makoto and Makoto kissed him back even more deeply.

A little meow interrupted them. Makoto pulled back to see a bundle of brown fur hurtle towards him and plop down right in front of Makoto's face. Makoto giggled, little Aqua wanted attention too, just like Sousuke. Sousuke pushed himself up onto his elbows a little, looking over Aqua at Makoto. "She's really missed you too."

Makoto kissed Aqua's little head, stroking her sleek fur, "I want to spend much more time with her than I have lately."

"And me?" Sousuke smirked a little, looking down at Makoto.

Makoto just smiled back up at him, nodding as he leaned up to peck his lips, "Of course."

[AN: here are a few more cute SouMako feels! next chapter is gonna be with Kagami so I hope  you're ready for some more feels of a different kind and some backstory!]