56

The photo shoot was over and Kagami was pulling all his clothes back on.  He wanted to get out of the studio and go... go where?  Home?  Alex would be there and knowing his luck, Aomine would be too.  He didn't want to have to deal with either of them.

He stood up, wanting to just leave.  Himuro was still busy putting away all the equipment.  He cleared his throat, getting Himuro's attention.  He forced himself to smile, "I think I'm going to head home."

"Leaving already?"  Himuro walked up to Kagami, following him as Kagami walked towards the front door.  Himuro had to unlock the front door to let Kagami out.  He had his hand with the key at the handle, hovering there.  "I miss the times you used to stay here late with me," Himuro wouldn't look up at Kagami, "We had such fun."

Kagami swallowed, nodding.  Working with Himuro certainly felt different now that he was dating Aomine.  He didn't know what to say to Himuro, all he could come up with was, "I'm sorry."

Himuro finally turned his face towards Kagami's, smiling up at him, "Never mind.  I'm just going on."  Himuro slowly reached a hand up to Kagami's cheek, just holding it there for a moment.

Kagami didn't push him away.  He knew he should, but he just couldn't bring himself to do it.  Himuro was right, there hadn't ever been drama between them, it was just fun.  Kagami liked not having unneeded stress between them.

It was a long moment between them, Himuro looking up into Kagami's eyes.  Kagami just couldn't pull himself away.  Slowly, Himuro leaned up, gently pressing his lips into Kagami's.  Kagami knew he should push him away, but for a moment, he found himself kissing Himuro back.  After a minute, Himuro pulled back, looking into Kagami's eyes again, "Stay, just a little longer."

Kagami closed his eyes, shaking his head.  He knew that it would be easier to say no if he couldn't see Himuro's face.  "I can't, I'm sorry."  He dared to look back at Himuro.

Himuro nodded, turning the key in the lock and opening the door for Kagami.  "I'll let you know when the next shoot will be."  Himuro tried to be strong, but Kagami could hear the falter in his voice.

He opened his mouth to say something, but no words came out.  He slowly nodded, walking out of the studio and onto the dark city streets.

[AN: what did you think of this chapter? Mad Kagami kissed Himuro? Glad he pushed him away? Should he try to patch things up with Aomine? Should he go home to Aomine and Alex? I'd love to hear your thoughts!]