Chapter 30• More

July 3rd.

Keyon POV

I went back home a few days ago and Marlie was gone. I haven't really  talked to her since I left, I tried but she barely responded so I stopped. I don't know where she at right now, she didn't even tell my parents she just thanked them and told them she was living with someone else. I haven't been talking to no other girls cause like she already knows she has my heart, I'm not ready to let go. I really hope she was just going through the motions and didn't mean it when she said she was done. All I've been doing lately is working at the community center, in the gym with Chassis, or with one of my uncle's just doing shit they tried keeping my mind off the obvious. Through all that all I wanted to do was be with Marlie when it was all over. I was out with my cousins Talia and Talin we went to this place with go karts, laser tag, and bumper cars. She stopped acting like a bitch finally but she gets bitter whenever Justin is around or is brought up because he talk to Ava. Talin and his girlfriend came to a mutual agreement of not being together cause they were drifting apart.

Talia: baskin robins is across the street let's go.

Talin: fat ass.

Talia: shut up its hot out here.

I shook my head and we walked across the street into bask in robins. I looked down on my phone since the line was too the door until I heard that giggle I knew all too well. I looked up at the front of the line Marlie was the cashier and some ugly ass white boy was flirting with her. Talia turned and looked at me.

Talia: yon don't.

Me: what you mean don't, fuck is she doing?

Talia: step outside.

Me: fuck no, this shit not okay.

Talia: go Keyon, this is her job don't do nothing to get her fired.

I walked back out the door calling my mom. I definitely needed to talk to her.

Illiana: yes baby?

Me: I seen her.

Illiana: and what happened? You don't seem too happy.

Me: she was cashiering giggling at some punk ass white boy.

Illiana: well calm yourself down and go talk to her.

Me: I'm tired of being the one talking mom.

Illiana: I know baby but if she's who you want fight for her.

Me: I don't think she love me no more.

Illiana: I know for a fact she still does, get ya girl son.

Me: I'm not sure ma.

Khalid: nigga listen shit!

Me: shut the hell up I was talking to my momma.

Khalid: I don't care! Stop being a pussy!

Me: I'm-

Khalid: pussy!

Me: sh-

Khalid: pusssssssy!

I hung up. my dad knew how to manipulate me into doing shit I didn't have the guts to do by taunting me. Shit always works. I walked back in and the line was gone I went up to the register and she looked at me and I tried so hard not to mug her but it ain't work, she just looked down in defeat.