Two

Chapter Two

New Life in San Francisco

"There's going to be so many opportunities here."

•••

Peyton

Now skipping the agonizing six and a half hour drive. It would've been longer though that's why I like traveling at night. Less traffic than when driving in the day, hell even a little at night there still happens to be a few people up and driving.

Anyways I had made it to San Francisco in the morning which was hell. I never realized how busy that city actually was. The busy streets, huge traffic, and annoyingly angry morning people. Though it has its beauties and those alone were the reason why I wanted to move there. And when I got there let's just say I found even more reasons to stay, so let's get on with the story.

•••

I arrived in San Francisco and the morning was just as packed as I remembered it. I had been here before with Madison when we were looking for a place to stay. She had the luxury of being able to leave from her house after high school.

We had said we'd move out here and get our own apartment together. Though with her out here before me she managed to find one on her own and pay for it. I don't want to be someone who just shows up and expects a place to live. So we both had agreed that I would stay with her till I found my own apartment.

"I'm so glad you made it, it only took you two years." Madison joked as she helped me bring my bags to her guest room.

I laughed, "Yeah uh thanks for letting me stay with you until I get my own place. I promise I won't be here for long."

"No take all the time you need, I'll let you get settled. Take a nap, I mean you were driving through the night and for a long time." She told me.

I nodded, "Yeah I'm tired and I want to be fully energized when I explore the city."

"Okay well goodnight or morning. If I'm not here I'm probably going to go grocery shopping. Anything you want or like specifically?" She asked me before walking out of my room.

I shook my head, "No not really, anything you buy I'll be fine with. I'm not a picky eater so go for it, I can also pay you when you get back."

"No need, but okay I'll let you sleep now." She said before closing the door.

I sighed as I lied back on the bed and looked to see if I had any messages or missed calls. But I didn't which was understandable because it's super early and my mom hates me. I set my phone down before allowing my body to overcome with sleep.

I had woke up to the smell of coffee that filled my room. I sat up and stretched before reaching for my phone. I looked at the time to see that it was one in the afternoon, I had never slept in this late.

I got up and walked out of the room and to the living room. I saw Madison sitting on the couch consumed on whatever show she was watching. I walked to her fridge and looked to find it all filled. I forgot that she said she was going to the store.

"Hey so how does pizza sound for dinner?" Madison asked from the couch.

I grabbed a water, "Uh sure. Hey I think I'm going to go out and maybe walk around."

"Okay just text me when you're going to be on your way back so I could order the pizza." She told me.

I nodded before walking back into my room. I decided to unpack my clothes into the drawers and closet. Once I was done I decided on talking a quick shower and getting dressed. I put on some leggings and a Nike windbreaker along with my white converse.

I threw my hair up into a ponytail before grabbing my phone and wallet. I walked out of my room and was about to walk out before Madison stopped me.

"Hey I got this spare key done for you." She told me and gave me the key.

"Thank you, I'll text you when I start heading back." I told her.

She nodded before I walked out the apartment. I didn't have a specific place I wanted to go to in mind. So I just walked down the street and decided to let the streets take me places.

As I walked down the streets with no specific sight in mind I think that's what made this all beautiful. To be lost in a city and not panic but embrace your surroundings. Though after a good two hours of walking and my stomach growling I realized just how lost I actually was.

I thought to just look up where I was on my google maps. Then I could input Madison's apartment and just go from there. But the problem with that is my data was low and it was very hard to find a strong signal.

"Oh let's just waste my whole data on that six hour drive." I muttered to myself as I tried to look for a stronger signal.

I came across a park and just started to look for a good signal. I walked down a path and had see a group of guys playing baseball. I got distracted for a minute, they were really really hot. It looks like there are going to be a lot of opportunities here. I almost bumped into a tree with how distracted I was.

That would've been even more embarrassing especially if they had seen. I shook my thoughts away and remembered why I was there in the first place. I looked back at my phone and tried to get my maps to work.

I had finally managed to find the perfect spot. I was so excited that I was finally get the chance to go back to the apartment and also text Madison that I was on my way. Pizza sounded amazing right now. I got connected and it finally loaded, I got so happy and started to type in the apartments address.

"Oh hey miss! Watch out!" I heard someone shout.

I looked over and then up to see a baseball coming right at me.

Then suddenly it was black.

Authors Note//
Hehe
Let me know what you think
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies✌🏼💚