Fifty-Seven

Chapter 57

Melody turns two

"Or maybe I'll tell him tonight..."

•••

April

Peyton

Dear my first love,

It's been two years since fate decided I was fit to be your mom. I wouldn't necessarily agreed with being fit. I was barely getting my life figured out, I was barely 20 years old. I was scared out of my mind being only twenty and living in a new city. Alone and pregnant with you.

But as months past I realized how blessed I was. I made myself become fit for you. I was going to do everything I could to be strong for you. Whether that was alone or not. Luckily thanks to your father he didn't let me do this alone. But even if I was alone I'd make sure you loved the happiest life a kid could live.

Two years ago I was blessed with being your mom. Everyday I'm blessed to see you even through your tantrums. You'll never fully know the lengths I would go for you my little Melody. I love you more than love itself.

Love,
Mom x

•••

Today is Melody's second birthday. It's crazy, just how much your child grows in such little time. At least it felt like a short time, but it's been two years. Everyday she was getting bigger, especially when Shawn started marking  her height on her wall in her room.

She was starting to make sentences now. Even trying to say new words. She loves playing on the playground we bought and the guys set up in the backyard. But what I loved the most was how she was acting like shawn, getting little things he does. Like she mimics his laugh, copies some words he says, even makes the same faces as him.

We couldn't tell who she loved more. Some days it will be me others it will be shawn. But I have a feeling it's me despite how much she acts like him. It doesn't bother me though, in fact I loved it because I knew it made him happy.

Shawn's family and my family came to celebrate Melody's second birthday. The theme this year was Moana themed. She is still obsessed with that movie. Everyone was outside setting up the tables and canopy so that we weren't under the sun.

"So he didn't go?" Serenity asked as she helped with marinating the hamburgers.

"No, he was working. He was pretty bummed because he always looks forwards the the appointments. He couldn't get out of it though." I explained to her as I cut the onions, tomatoes, and lettuce.

We were having a regular barbecue outside instead of getting pizza. I was actually sick of pizza. Not because we have had it so much, because I quite literally get sick. I can never keep it down.

"So have you told him?" She asked in a whisper.

A big smile appeared on my face, "Not yet. I want to tell him before I tell everyone so the timing was bad. Or maybe I'll tell him tonight and we will do something tomorrow." I told her unsure of what I wanted to actually do.