Forty-Four

Chapter 44

Fourth Of July

"Don't hit me in the head this time."

•••

July; 3 months old

Peyton

It's crazy how much my life had managed to change in a year. I found someone I was in love with a year ago today. Granted I didn't know I'd love him this day, in fact the first impression wasn't the best. That and he was engaged, about to get married the next day.

And within a year I got pregnant by a stranger. My sister got married, I officially didn't want anything to do with my mother. I started to date the same guy who hit me in the head with a baseball. The same man who loved me and my daughter like there was no tomorrow.

•••

"Are we ordering pizza to the park? Or are we doing a barbecue?" Serenity asked from the living room.

"Barbecue." I told her as I packed everything into the coolers we bought.

"And do we have to play?" She asked clearly hoping I say no.

"You don't have to Ren, besides someone has to watch Melody." I told her.

Serenity leaned against the counter, "Great. Sorry dad couldn't come."

"Don't worry about it, I know how important this day is to her. He wouldn't leave her on her own. I'm surprised she let you out of it." I said as I finished putting all the food away.

"That's cause Sam and I moved out. She tried to put up a fight but I seen her true colors. She shouldn't have done what she did to you, I managed to get out though. I told her Sam and I wanted to be like them with a family of our own." She said the last line sarcastically.

I shook my head at her cleverness cause she still gets money.

"So have you and Shawn," she started but didn't finish, I looked up at her and raised my eyebrow, "you know."

"Are you asking me if shawn and I have had sex?" I asked trying to get straight to the point.

The guys had went to the park to get a spot and set up. It was just Serenity, Melody, and I Home getting the food ready. Well I was getting the food ready, Melody was asleep on her swing and Serenity was sitting here asking me if I've had sex with Shawn.

"Hey there's a baby in the room." Serenity said looking over at Melody.

I laughed, "Yeah cause a three month old sleeping baby will know what sex is." I said sarcastically.

"Anyways have you?" She asked as she put a grape in her mouth.

I sighed, "No."

She choked, I'm sure on the grape, "What why not?" She asked after she stopped coughing.

"Considering the fact that after having Melody Mother Nature wanted me to catch up on her gifts. Also you can't have sex till 4-6 weeks after having a baby. And because we are taking things slow." I said the last part softly.