Sixty-Five

Chapter 65

Daddy's girl

"Oh no my baby, I was just kidding."

•••

January

Peyton

No big life lesson here, just another special moment I never want to forget.

•••

It was Saturday morning and Shawn had the day off. I took this opportunity to run some errands since he was home. He would stay and look after the kids while I get stuff done. Shawn would experience being a single parent first hand.

I was currently at the store by myself. Shawn calls almost every ten minutes making sure I'm okay. After the first few times it got annoying. I loved his concern but he could be a little excessive.

I was at checkout when I got his other call, "Yes shawn?" I answered.

"Just checking up, you almost home?" He asked before laughing.

"Yes shawn, I am almost home. I'm checking out right now." I told him as I paid for the groceries.

"Great I'll see you soon, I love you." Shawn told me.

"I love you too." I said before hanging up.

Once I paid for the groceries I took the cart out to the parking lot. I got to the car and put the groceries in the back. When everything was put away I got in the car and drove back to the house. Luckily there was no traffic so I got to the house unmarked.

I gathered all the groceries in my hands as I walked up the porch steps. I managed to unlock the door after I locked the car. Usually when I lock the car the alarm goes off and lets shawn know I'm home. He would normally walk out and help me but he didn't this time.

I got the door open and walked through. A Whole New World from Aladdin was playing. Shawn was singing to Melody like his life depended on it. I couldn't be mad at the fact that he didn't go out and help when he was singing to Melody. I shut the door and took the bags to the kitchen.

"Hi mommy!" Melody said looking away from Shawn and walking to the kitchen.

"Hi my baby, are you and daddy singing?" I asked as I started to put the groceries away.

"Yes, he's Aladdin." She told me as she tried to look at what I got.

She was almost three years old so she still couldn't see the top. So instead she backed away and stood on her toes to try and look. That was before Shawn swooped her up in his arms and lifted her so she could see.

"I thought I was genie." Shawn asked her.

She giggled as she touched his cheeks, "No." She said dragging out the o.

"Oh I'm not?" Shawn asked her.

"You know what I got?" I asked.

They both looked at me, I pulled out the popsicles from the grocery bag.

"Oh those look yummy." Shawn said and Melody nodded a long.