Forty-Eight

Chapter 48

Christmas Eve

"All I want for Christmas is you."

•••

December; 8 months old

Peyton

Christmas was one of my favorite time's of the year. The last three months were my favorite. I loved when the weather got cold and the certain smells screamed each holiday. Christmas though was the best holiday, I couldn't wait for it. The music, the smells, the decorations, and then warm clothes.

But this time of the year was even more special. I had a little family of my own. Truly making the holiday that much special.

•••

"Hello! My loves I'm home with the tree!" I heard shawn yell from downstairs.

I finished changing Melody into a Christmas onesie. I put a matching bow on her head before picking her up.

"Looks like daddy is home." I tell her in a baby talk tone.

I carried her downstairs and I seen Shawn putting up the Christmas Tree. He went out before I could wake up but left a note saying he was going to go buy a Christmas tree. I'm surprised he could find one due to Christmas being tomorrow.

"It's not crooked is it?" Shawn asked looking up and over at me.

He was putting the tree on the stand. I looked at it and shook my head.

"It's all good here." I tell him.

He nods before tightening the bolts. Shawn then stands up and looked at the tree. It was the perfect height for the house. He then looked at us and walked over, he took Melody from me before leaning down and giving me a kiss.

"Good morning." Shawn said after he pulled away.

"Good morning, did you eat?" I asked.

"No I was going to grab food but decided not to. I could still go out and get something." Shawn offered.

"No I'll make something. What do you feel like having?" I asked looking through the cabinets.

"I don't care love." He said from the living room.

"You're so helpful." I muttered.

I decided to take out all the ingredients to make cinnamon rolls. It reminded me of the time when Shawn came over. After he picked me up from my work, when we baked them together.

I started to put together the dough for the cinnamon rolls. While I was baking Shawn was making Melody laugh. I was focused on the baking while the room filled with her little laugh. But before her laugh came a noise sounding like he was kissing her. I smiled loving how the day was going so far.

"Dada...say dada." I heard shawn saying in his baby talk voice.

I shook my head, "She's not going to say it. Now can you let her sleep and go get the ornaments for the tree?" I asked as I put the dough away to let it rise.