Fifty-Six

Chapter 56

Houses

"This is our new home."

•••

February

Peyton

Homes comes in all shapes and sizes. The one I grew up in was unnecessarily large, I got lost in it multiple times. My second home was perfect for me and Melody. But I failed to think about the possibility of finding someone to share it with. I also missed the thought about what were to happen when my sister visits.

Now I was married and have a one, almost two year old. Now expecting a new little addition to the family. Plus knowing we needed way more space for when Shawn's family and my family visits.

•••

"Melody where are you?" Shawn asked as he walked around slowly.

I couldn't see, it was dark in the closet. I held my giggling baby girl in my arms.

"Shhh, he's going to hear you." I whispered to Melody.

"Oh where are my girls?" Shawn asked louder, he was closer.

I let out a little laugh before covering my mouth, "Mommy Shh." Melody whispered.

"Okay sorry." I whispered back to her.

She put her hands on my mouth trying to keep me quiet when her whispering wasn't even a whisper. I'm sure shawn knew where we were hiding but was playing the part. Which is why I laughed, that and I'm never good at hide and go seek. Anytime they walk in and walk out without seeing me I find it funny.

"Could they be under the bed?" He asked so loud.

I then heard him walking towards the closet. Melody and I were hiding behind the hamper.

"There's only one place left to look." Shawn said with a laugh.

I seen him fully walk in, he walked past us not seeing us. Well he didn't until Melody let out a giggle. Shawn turned around and spotted us.

"Found you!" Shawn yelled.

"Run Melody." I told her as I stood up and allowed her to get away.

Shawn wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me up. We seen her run out of the closet and out of our room. Shawn put me down but kept his arms around me. I turned around in his arms and looked up at him.

"I got you, what's my prize?" Shawn asked with a smile.

"Whatever you want." I told him.

Shawn smirked, "Is that so?"

"Mama run." Melody said as she walked back in the room.

"Oh no mama is mine now." Shawn told her looking at her with a playful look.

"No." She responded.

"Oh no? Then I guess you don't mind taking her place!" He said as he let go of me and ran towards her.

She ran away screaming and giggling. Shawn chased after her when my phone rang. I took it out from my back pocket.