Four

Chapter 4

Fate's Bad Timing

"This is crazy."

•••

Peyton

Now I know how this chapter might go and how it might all sound when you're done reading. I had no intention on any of what happened that night. Honestly I moved to San Francisco to have a fresh start at life. I didn't even want to look for a possible significant other. Especially not with someone engaged.

Though of course the universe hates me and thinks it's funny to mess with me. And before you guess as to what happened you should probably just continue reading.

•••

"So where did you live before you moved here?" Shawn asked breaking the silence that was in the car.

"Uh Beverly Hills." I told him.

He glanced over towards me, "No way, it must've been insanely nice."

"It...has its moments." I said truthfully.

We drove with the windows down hearing the cars that passed by us with their music blaring. The different smells of all the different restaurants. You'd get hit with different smells when we'd stop every now and then due to traffic.

"So what was so bad about Beverly Hills that you just had to get away from?" He asked wanting to know more.

I guess anybody would, I mean it was Beverly Hills. Beautiful but expensive. Though I found it toxic with my parents and everyone else they knew that lived there. Just a bunch of people who were thirsty for money and fame.

"My parents." I confessed.

He nodded and didn't ask any other questions. Though I wanted to know more about him. Even if we'll never see each other after this it's still exciting to know things about a complete stranger. I guess it's a way to see how someone else lives and what their life is like.

"But what about you? Have you always lived here in San Francisco?" I asked as we got to a red light.

Shawn shook his head as he looked at me, "Nope I'm actually not from this country. I'm Canadian."

"You don't say, then again it makes sense because you are incredibly too kind for your own good. I know a lot of people who normally would've left me on the floor. Or called 911 then left." I joked.

He chuckled before he continued to drive when the light turned green.

"Yeah no I think it would've been really against my career if I did leave you." He told me.

"So what part of Canada?" I asked completely interested in his life.

"Pickering, Ontario." He answered as he turned the corner.

"Oh nice, I've heard great things about that city. In fact I do believe it is on my list of places I hope to visit." I told him.

He chuckled, "I sure hope so, it's definitely worth traveling to."

He then pulled up to a pizza place. It wasn't packed thank goodness, god knows how horrible I probably look. Shawn cut the engine and got out before rushing over to my side and opening my door for me. He helped me out even though i was perfectly capable of getting out by myself.