Sixty-Three

Chapter 63

Not so perfect

"You never do."

•••

December

Peyton

No relationship is perfect. I don't think it's possible for two people to love each other and be happy 24/7. Everyone has a breakdown, a breaking point. Some can get through it and others can't. It's the way of life.

•••

Christmas was coming up. My mom had talked about maybe having Christmas at home. Especially since Serenity just had her baby a week ago. It was too early for her to start traveling and since the twins are three months old she thought maybe we could go down.

It wouldn't be a bad idea, my mother even said she'd cancel her annual Christmas party. Which was a complete shocker to me because she never cancels those parties. But she's really been trying to prove she's over putting these events and their social status above us.

It was eight in the afternoon, I just got the twins to sleep. The two have been inseparable. I'm talking they won't fall asleep unless they're in the same crib. So much for buying two and having the guys rebuild the second one if they were both going to sleep in the same one. Melody fell asleep thirty minutes before because of her sleeping schedule.

I was finally able to lay down on my bed after I got out of the bath. I knew someone was going to wake up soon. I was dressed in my fuzzy pajamas because it's Christmas season. I then heard the front door unlock and got happy that shawn was home. His shifts at the hospital have been crazy for the past month.

He works long hours and sometimes only gets home really late. So I was happy he was home early so we could spend time together. I missed him even when he was here for a little while. It took him a while before he got upstairs and to our bedroom.

Shawn looked extremely tired but had a sleepy smile when he seen me. I think one of my favorite looks on him was when he wore his scrubs. He took the stethoscope from around his neck off and set it on the nearest table.

"You look extremely cozy." He told me as he walked over.

"I am, how was work?" I asked him.

He lazily walked over till he plopped down on the bed next to me. I laid on my side so I could move the hair away from his face. I ran my fingers through his hair and massaged his head to help him relax.

"Exhausting, I worked 13 hours. I'm just glad to be home." Shawn sighed.

"Hey so my mom called today." I told him softly as I continued to run my fingers through his hair.

"Mmhmm...and what did she want?" Shawn asked his eyes still closed.

"She wants us to go down for Christmas, for a week or so. Since Serenity just had Maya a week ago we agreed it would just be better if we all went down." I explained to him.

Shawn opened his eyes, "For a week? I don't know if I'll be able to get time off."

"It's the holidays though, we always take Christmas off." I told him with a pout.