Thirty-Eight

Chapter 38

Home

"My beautiful little melody."

•••

Peyton

Having a kid is nice, until you lose sleep. But when you have people that love you, they tend to help you out. You also have people who you can't live without.

•••

We spent two days in the hospital, they wanted to just make sure that absolutely nothing was wrong with her. Which was totally okay with me, the last thing I wanted was to take her home and know something was wrong. So we got home yesterday, and the ride home was so funny. I'm sure the speed limit was 50 mph and Shawn was going 20 mph.

After an hour of a drive we had finally got back home. I didn't hold Melody a lot when we got back. I was tired, and my sister and father were hogging her. I only held her when she needed to eat, other than that I slept the whole time.

I woke up to the smell of breakfast, my stomach growled. I don't remember the last time I ate. My boobs also hurt from not nursing for a couple hours. I rolled over and seen it was nine in the morning, the baby monitor was also off. I got off the bed and went to use the bathroom before taking a quick shower.

Once I was dressed and refreshened I walked out of my room. I walked across the loft and was about to walk downstairs before I heard soft talking. I stopped and turned around and walked to the nursery. The door was opened and all I seen was his back. He was by the changing table, I leaned against the door frame and just watched and listened.

"Mommy should be getting up in a little," Shawn said softly and I could hear her start to get fussy, "I know, I know, you're hungry." He cooed.

A smile grew on my face, I was really falling in love with him. I thought it wouldn't be possible but here I was. Melody's crying got a little bit louder, one thing we learned since she was born was she wasn't much of a crier. She's very quiet. So when she cried that means she wanted something.

I seen him pick her up and he slowly started rocking her, "Shhh, she will be up. Come on let her sleep my little melody." It was like he was trying to reason with her. As if she'd listen.

He slowly turned around while still rocking her. Her cries had softened but she was still fussy. Shawn looked up and seen me standing there, his lips forming a bigger smile.

"See I told you to be patient." Shawn told Melody.

I shook my head before walking towards them. I stood on my tippy toes to give Shawn a kiss. I then looked at my small baby in his arms. She wore this cute little pink onesie and had mittens on so she doesn't scratch her face. She also had this cute little pink bow on her head.

"How's my baby?" I asked in a gushing voice. One I didn't even think I'd ever make, guess motherhood brings out a different kind of you.

"She's good, I changed her diaper and clothes. She's only fussy cause she's hungry." Shawn told me as he carefully placed her in my arms.

I smiled, "Well you're just in luck missy." I told her as I walked over to the rocking chair.

Shawn leaned against the crib and crossed his arms. I lifted up my shirt and started to breast feed her. I started to rock back and forth on the chair as she ate. I looked down at her before looking back up at Shawn. He was looking at me with a small smile.