Sixty-Two

Chapter 62

Just Breathe

"This time it is your fault."

•••

September

Peyton

I remember the pain and discomfort of labor. Especially when I pushed her out. Now I was going to do that again, twice.

•••

"I told you this bolt was supposed to go there." Shawn said annoyed.

"Okay well I just thought it was an extra." Sam said just as annoyed.

Shawn laughed, "We already did the other crib and it didn't have an extra why would this one?"

The two have been building the cribs. They did the first one and now they were tired by the second. Which explained their bickering and annoyance.

"I'm not putting a baby in a crib that has a missing bolt." I told them as I rocked on the rocking chair.

Shawn looked over as he wiped sweat off his forehead, "Yeah I know."

"So we have to take it apart?" Sam whined.

"Samuel, you are building our baby's crib when we go home. So I'd take this as extra practice." Serenity said with narrowed eyes towards him.

Seven month pregnant Serenity was terrifying. I don't think I've been mean throughout either of my pregnancies. The room grew silent and Sam just nodded. The guys then went back to undoing the crib and putting it back the correct way.

"Help me, someone." I said.

Shawn got up and walked over to me. He took my hands in his and helped me up to my feet. My stomach was so huge I couldn't get up on my own. Shawn made sure I was steady before letting me go and going back to help poor Sam.

I waddled out of the yellow nursery. I carefully walked down the stairs till I was on the first floor. My parents, yeah that's right plural, we're here. So were Shawn's and they were all downstairs talking. Aaliyah was here too but she was entertaining Melody outside.

"Hello hun did you want something? Please sit." Karen told me as she got up.

I shook my head, "Just came to get those guys some lemonade. Do you all want some?" I asked as I walked around the kitchen.

"Sweetie I can make the lemonade." Karen offered again.

I smiled, "It's fine, I got this. Plus it's good for me to be up and walking."

I grabbed the pitcher from one of the cabinets. I gathered the rest of the things to make the fresh lemonade. That included fresh lemons and a lemon squeezer.

"I was just telling Karen about plans for Christmas this year. Maybe we can go to Canada and have a white Christmas." My mother told me walking over and sitting on a barstool.

"The twins would be three months and Serenity's baby would only be one month." I sighed.

"That's right, perhaps we will come back down." Karen said.