Ten

Chapter 10

Hospital Havoc

"Guy with the horrible aim."

•••

Peyton

In some panic situations we either see everything as negatives or turn them as positives. This situation was really as panic worthy, and made me really scared. Having lost my grandma and my dad cutting ties with me because of my mom. Serenity was all I had left.

Though I don't know whether it's was all negative or some positive.

•••

My sister started to show signs of anaphylaxis. I started to panic, I didn't know what to do. Well I did because it's happened before, but at the moment being put in the spotlight I froze.

"Do...do you have your epinephrine pen?" I asked her trying to remember of what to do.

She shook her head, fuck why would she not keep it on her? She knew better than to leave the house without it. This is exactly why she needs to keep it with her, because of situations like this. A crowd of people formed around us a few already on the phone with 911.

"I should just drive you to the hospital." I told her.

Serenity shook her head, "It...would...take...a while...just wait."

She was already starting to get hives. Her throat could be closing in soon causing her to not breathe properly. It wasn't until I heard the ambulance sirens that I started to feel a little relieved.

"You're going to be okay Serenity, I still think you're stupid for not bringing your pen." I told her which caused her to weakly smile.

The paramedics then came over and got her on a gurney.

"She is very allergic to bees." I told the paramedics.

"Let's get her to the ambulance and get her some epinephrine. We have to get it in her system before she goes into anaphylactic shock. Her face is already puffing we need to get her to the hospital now." They said amongst themselves.

"Are you family?" One of them asked me as I rushed to catch up with them.

I nodded, "Yeah I'm her sister."

We then got on the ambulance before we headed to the hospital. They gave her a shot of epinephrine before using a BVM to help her breathe more efficient. It was scary before the ambulance got here but now that we're on the way to the hospital and she's a little better I felt at ease.

After a couple minutes of driving we had finally got to the hospital. When they got her down I was last to follow. I'm sure there was nothing too extreme to worry about next. Since this has happened two other times in her life it was just going to be the same.

"What is wrong with her?" A nurse asked as we walked in.

"22 year old female, she was stung by a bee by which she is allergic. We gave her a shot of epinephrine before she could go into anaphylactic shock. We are using a BVM to help her breathe a little bit better for when we got to her her face was swelling and she wasn't talking I'm sure due to her throat swelling as well." The paramedic informed her as I followed behind.