Sixty

Chapter 60

Gender Reveal

"Double the trouble no matter what."

•••

May

Peyton

I know it must've been weird not seeing me write in here. I didn't want shawn to but he insisted I get his side. He didn't even allow me to read it so I have no idea what was written. But now we are back to our regularly scheduled program.

•••

I spent two weeks in the hospital. It was a good thing our families were in town. Shawn had to go back to work, here conveniently, so his mom stayed behind. Serenity, my dad, and sam stayed for a couple days after I woke up. But they had to get back to Beverly Hills which I understood. Shawn's dad and sister has to get back to Toronto.

Karen would bring Melody to the hospital once a day. Then Shawn would stop by whenever he had the chance. Sometimes I wouldn't see him at all because of long surgeries. Not that I minded, I was use to his absence due to his job.

When I was finally able to leave the hospital Karen picked me up with Melody. Shawn was in an important surgery when I got released. He apologized a lot but I told him I was going to be fine. My body still had some aches and I had a cast on my arm. Karen offered to help take care of me as well but I told her there was no need.

I offered to pay for her flight back home but she declined. She said she wanted to help with Melody and watching out for me while shawn was at work. I appreciated her so much because I got to sleep and take a bath without having to worry about Melody.

Now it was the third week of May. While I couldn't do much besides gain weight and wait for my arm to heal. Karen and I planned to do a gender reveal for the twins. We invited everyone out again and I felt bad cause they were just here but they didn't say no. In fact Serenity couldn't wait to visit.

It's been a month and two weeks since the accident. My body hurt less but I still had the cast, the doctors said I'd have it on for a few more months. Which sucked because I was probably still going to have it when I give birth. Making it even more uncomfortable.

I was now five months pregnant and my stomach was way bigger than it was when I was five months pregnant with Melody. I just got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself as I carefully unwrapped my arm. That's another thing that sucked, I had to always wrap my cast. I was already done being pregnant and done with this cast.

"Momma." Melody said as she ran in the restroom.

"What my love?" I asked looking down at her.

She was wearing a dress but her hair was still wet and a mess. Shawn walked in with a brush and hair ties.

"She wouldn't let me do her hair until she showed you her dress." Shawn told me with a sigh.

I laughed, "Baby let dad do your hair."

Melody turned around and looked up at Shawn, she lifted her arms. Shawn smiled and picked her up and put her on the counter. I walked around them and towards the closet. My best friends right now were sweats and dresses. I put on a white dress that showed all my curves. Especially my belly.