Forty-Six

Chapter 46

Disneyland

"Well I love you, more than I love being here at Disneyland."

•••

Peyton

Being in love. I never thought I'd know for sure what the feeling was. I knew it was a feeling unlike any other. I fell in love with Melody the minute I felt her kick. I fell in love with Shawn the day we fell asleep in the same bed at my parents house. The minute he sang to her and she kicked.

I guess I didn't know I was actually in love till this day. It sounds silly, like I knew I fell in love with him. But this was when I knew for sure I loved him.

•••

"Are you sure we packed enough diapers?" I asked shawn as I sat in the backseat and breast fed Melody.

Shawn sat in the front seat on his phone. We were all waiting on me. And by all I referred to us and Sam and Serenity. It wasn't actually Shawn's birthday, today was the sixth. We invited them to come along to spend the day with them as well.

"Yes Peyton, for the fifth time since we left the house." Shawn said looking in the rear view mirror and at me.

"Sorry I just don't want to have to leave early because we forgot to pack enough." I say.

Shawn gave me a smile, "Then we leave early you won't ruin it. It's not easy having a baby Peyton, it will be okay."

"Fine." I sighed.

We were still looking at each other in the mirror and Shawn mouthed I love you. I mouthed it back and he shot me a wink.

"Oh you two get a room." Serenity complained from the left of me.

I rolled my eyes at her comment. Once I was done feeding Melody, we finally got off the car. I grabbed my backpack which contained the diapers, wipes, sunscreen, our wallets, and water. I gave everyone sunscreen to put on so we didn't burn as we walked.

I put the sunscreen back into the backpack. Shawn was holding Melody and fixing her little bucket hat. I took out the baby carrier.

"Do I get to wear that?" Shawn asked with his eyebrow raised in question.

I laughed, "I mean you don't have to, I brought it for me to wear so you can go on the rides."

"No it looks pretty cool. Lemme see it." Shawn told me.

After a few minutes of trying to figure it out we finally got it together. Shawn has the carrier on and Melody in it.

"Okay how cool do I look?" Shawn asked as he put his hand on his hip and the other around her.

"Like a natural." Sam commented.

"Let's go hot momma and you too Peyton." Serenity said jokingly.

"Ha Ha so funny." Shawn said before he took my hand in his.

We all then walked to the park and paid for our tickets. Serenity and Sam were a few paces in front of us as we walked in. I gave Shawn's hand a squeeze before looking up at him.