Thirty-Two

Chapter 32

Lies

"Why? I just don't understand why it means that much to you!"

•••

Peyton

It's sad, when people use you. They take advantage of your kindness. They do whatever they can to step on you, especially if it is out of their own benefit. They ruin you, your happiness if it means they get to better their own. They don't care about you or your feelings because in the end they get what they want.

What hurts the most is they are people who you thought cared and loved you the most.

•••

I don't think I left my room, not since Shawn left. I felt bad because it was my sister's wedding day. I mean I seen her get hitched, I missed out on the toast though. But no one came to find me or get me, they didn't care. None of them did and maybe it was because they were focused on Serenity. Which is how it should have been.

I guess the sad part of me, the broken part was jealous. Jealous that my sister gets her happy ending, upset that no one came looking for me. But it didn't matter, I had taken off my makeup and dress. I got back into comfortable clothes and laid in bed. I kept replaying what had happened over and over again.

I thought about all the different possible ways it could have gone. All the different things I could have said. But that's not how life works, you don't get to turn back in time.

"First you two ditch my wedding and then decide to stay in here all day as well?" I heard Serenity say as she burst through my room.

I turned around so I could face her, "Can you keep your voice down?" I asked feeling my head ache.

"Don't you think I have a right to be mad? You ditched my wedding, my maid of honor ditched. You were supposed to give a speech but luckily Steve stepped in. Explain yourself." She said crossing her arms.

I had never seen Serenity so angry. Then again she had every right to be. I was in the wrong, I was extremely horrible. My sister got married once and I was selfish enough to be in my room the whole time. Over some guy who broke my heart.

"Where's Shawn?" She asked finally realizing I was alone in my room.

I sat up on my bed so that I was resting against the headboard, "San Francisco."

Serenity furrowed her brows in confusion, "What? Why?" She asked as she walked over.

I shrugged my shoulders and looked down at my hands that were in my lap, "Something about not fitting in and that I have it good here and shouldn't ruin it."

"What? I thought he was fitting in perfectly. I mean Sam liked him and I knew Dad was liking him too." Serenity said as she sat down across from me on the bed.

I sighed and tried my best not to cry again, "Yeah well apparently something changed. I'm sorry for ditching your wedding, I didn't mean to."

"I would have loved to have you there to celebrate with me but I can't imagine what you were feeling." Serenity said taking my hands in hers.