Thirteen

Chapter 13

Real Estate

"I don't think I need to see anything else. I love this one."

•••

Peyton

Home. It takes a lot to make something home. I mean it's more than just a house, it's a place that makes you happy. A place that makes you feel safe and comfortable, a place where you can be you. Somewhere that you can have your loved ones around and make the place even more special.

It's not easy to find but sometimes life finds a way at giving you exactly what you need.

•••

I love my sister, she's my family and she's done so much for me. But having her with us for the past four days now, has been really annoying. Only because all she talked about was the baby, and having a proper house for myself, and a car, and going shopping.

If she mentioned going and looking at apartments or houses I'm going to go nuts. I feel like she sometimes can be exactly like my mom, except hers are coming with good intentions unlike moms. I woke up this morning to needing to puke, again, like clockwork. Once I freshened up I walked out of the bathroom and walked to the kitchen.

I seen Madison watching tv while my sister sat on the couch on her laptop looking at houses. I sighed before walking over to the kitchen and grabbing something to eat. I looked through the cabinets and seen we had nothing but cereal, we really needed to grocery shop. I made myself a bowl of cereal before moving to where Madison was sitting and sat next to her.

"Oh great you're up, I've seen a couple of big apartments and houses that we could look at today." Serenity told me.

I nodded, "Yeah I don't know I kind of want to take a break from all this planning and shopping."

"You don't have breaks, you have what seven months? Some places won't be available so you want to get your money on them first. And I'll be going back to Beverly Hills soon because I have a wedding to plan. By the time my wedding is over you'll have only four months left. But I'll be wanting to spend time with my new husband and won't have time to do all of this with you. And I told Grandma I'd look after you, that I would continue to take care of you. So please can we just do this?" She asked.

I knew that this was not only hard for me but for her too. I mean she was the only one who knew from my family. It's not like she could go running to mom and dad and tell them so they could 'help'. She had a wedding to be planning, its the most important day of her life and here she is spending some of her time on me.

"Fine but I don't want to be out too long also I'm going to need money to give to Madison for rent and food." I told her.

"Oh you don't need to pay for rent-"

I looked at her and shook my head, "No if I'm going to leave I'm going to make sure I've repaid you for my stay."

"Okay I'll call up a real estate agent and get them to show us the places." Serenity said as she grabbed her phone and laptop and headed to the balcony.

I finished up my food and started to clean, "You know you don't have to leave, there's plenty of room. I'll even help with raising the baby."