Twelve

Chapter 12

All the Choices

"It's not your choice, simple as that."

•••

Peyton

A choice. We always have a choice, sometimes it feels as if we don't but we do. It's just in those times the choice is hard, or just not fair. But it's still a choice, something you are in control of. It might be one of the few things you are in control of, but nonetheless it's up to you to make.

So why is it that in a lot of choices we feel like we don't get a say? That others think you are not even capable of making the right one? That you are seen as not important or like a child? When in reality we can make decisions for ourselves, yes sometimes they're not the right ones but we learn. How are we supposed to grow if were never allowed to make the mistakes on our own?

I had choices to make and even if they aren't what others want they are what I wanted. It was my choice, not theirs.

•••

When the next day arrived it felt like I didn't even get sleep. I mean I didn't, I was spending the night with my stressed out thoughts. They refused to let me sleep, I was stuck thinking of the choice I had to make. Each had their backlashes, consequences, and regrets no doubt. Didn't all choices?

"Hey did you sleep?" Serenity asked as she woke up.

I shook my head, "No, couldn't."

She looked at me with her eyes half closed. She yawned before stretching, Serenity then looked at me.

"Your doctors appointment is at 8 we should get ready." She reminded me.

She then got up and went into my bathroom with her suitcase. She was supposed to leave tonight but she postponed it. Serenity claimed that she needed to be here for me until everything was all resolved.

I got up and went over to my closet, I stopped at the mirror and looked at myself. I stared at my stomach, nothing was really visible I mean that's not a shock. But soon it would be, I would be different and so would my life. I shook off my thoughts and opened up my closet.

I chose some leggings and and a denim button up. Serenity then got out of the bathroom after I got changed. We switched places for I needed to use the bathroom. I fixed my hair and makeup and was about to leave before I had the urge to throw up.

I rushed over to the sink and threw up, I definitely did not like the morning sickness. I mean it just started yesterday but I knew it wouldn't be the last. I cleaned up before walking out of the bathroom and slipping on my shoes.

I then walked into the living room where I seen Madison and Serenity drinking coffee. They were both ready to go.

"You're going too?" I asked referring to Madison whom I thought would be asleep.

She nodded, "Yeah I need to be in the loop, gotta be there for you ya know. Emotional support."

"Thank you." I said.

I was going to grab a mug but Serenity slapped my hand. I took it back and glared at her as my hand throbbed with main. Jeez she hit me hard.