Twenty-Five

Chapter 25

Daddy Dearest

"Then don't be involved."

•••

Peyton

They say that sometimes it takes something big to change a person. Whether it's losing a loved one, or the person going through something traumatic. Though sometimes it can be good situations as well. This was one of those cases.

Spoiler, it wasn't my mother that it happened to.

•••

"Still believe that's the life for you?" She asked with a disapproving tone.

I nodded and smiled, "Yeah I do. I met the man who loves me for me and not my name. And it's the place where I will be having your grandchild. By the way congratulations, you're going to be a grandmother."

When I said those words, all the color drained from my mothers face. I was scared of this moment, but I never knew how much relief it brought me. It was finally said.

"W-what?" She stuttered.

"I think you heard me, I didn't mumble mother." I told her as I crossed my arms.

It was silent, there was an intense tension. My mother and I were just staring at each other. I could feel Shawn shift next to me.

"No you're not." My mother said in disbelief.

I scoffed, "Oh I'm not?" I asked.

I then lifted up my hoodie revealing my grey tank top. It clung to every curve of my body. My breast had started to get a little bigger due to the milk from being pregnant. I was able to look down and definitely see my stomach poking out more than usual. My mom looked at my stomach as if it would disappear, like I was forcefully sticking it out.

I could see Serenity bouncing up and down. Not enough where my mom could see but she was definitely excited.

My mom's face turned to stone, "So that's why you are engaged? You had unprotected sex? A mistake happened so you wanted to get married?" She asked sounding as if it was worse then not being married at all.

"Being engaged has nothing to do with the baby. And no she's not a mistake, the only mistake here is thinking you'd actually be happy. But no of course not, I should've known better." I said getting more and more upset.

I put down my hoodie and crossed my arms over my chest. My mom was about to say something but another voice interrupted.

"Peyton?" I heard my dad question.

I looked behind my mother and seen my father walking towards us. I couldn't help but smile, I loved my dad.

"Hi daddy." I said quietly.

I had a rush of emotions hit me. Hormones. It was probably from how upset I was just a few seconds ago. And now it turned into tears and happiness from seeing him. He walked closer and had a confused look on his face.