Thirty-Nine

Chapter 39

Sleep

"Come to bed."

•••

Peyton

There's not much life lessons told here but it was too cute not to include. So enjoy.

•••

Serenity, Sam, and my father all left a couple days ago. Shawn's has had a crazy schedule at the hospital so he has hardly been home. But when he was he had finally moved in, luckily due to his crazy work life he didn't have much to move in. But I have to say it feels so much better and like official that he lives here. I'm not sure if that makes any sense.

But I couldn't have been so thankful for my family and Shawn. The week we got back I had got so much sleep that it made them being gone bearable. One thing I found really helpful was if I woke up early and fed Melody and stuck to that schedule she tended to sleep through the night. Which i was thankful for because not only did I get good rest. But when Shawn were to get home from his shifts he got to sleep.

That's what was happening today, Shawn was working. It was just Melody and I today. I had fed her twice and changed her three times already and it was barely two in the afternoon. But what I loved was after she got fed she'd sleep so I was able to get things done. I took a shower and cleaned the house and even made myself lunch.

I sat down on the couch and looked to the left of me where the swing was. Melody was still asleep as it slowly rocked her. I was looking for something to watch when my phone rang. I grabbed it and answered.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey how are my girls?" Shawn said with a cheerful tone.

I smiled, "We are good, I got ready and cleaned the house. I'm currently sitting on the couch and eating a sandwich while looking for something to watch. Melody had ate an hour ago and is currently asleep. What about you?" I asked as I looked through the channels.

"It's been slow here which I'm thankful for. Missing you guys a ton though, sorry I haven't been home much." He apologized as if he had a choice to be here and not be where people needed him the most.

I laughed, "Shawn you're perfectly fine and so are we. You worked hard for your job and people need you. Don't apologize for that okay?"

"How'd I get so lucky for fate to choose me to hit you in the head with a baseball?" Shawn asked with amusement playing in his words.

I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see. I still remembered that day like it was yesterday. I remembered being so annoyed with it all happening and then he offered to take me home. Even though it was his bachelor party. He was supposed to get married and he didn't.

"I don't know maybe she put a big target on my forehead so she'd make sure you hit me right." I joked back.

I looked over and seen Melody waking up, she was moving her hands to her face. A small little yawn escaped her little lips.

"Maybe, hey I have to go they're calling me. I love you, both of you." Shawn told me with a sad sigh.

I got up and off the couch and over to Melody, "We love you too, go save lives." I tell him.