Thirty-One

Chapter 31

Wedding Day Blues

"What are you talking about?"

•••

(Listen to Impossible by James Arthur)

Peyton

Wedding days. They're are a girl's favorite day. A dream. One they have been waiting for since they were small. Well most girls dream anyways. One thing you can count on with weddings is for at least one thing to go wrong. Serenity's wedding? Perfect. Not one thing wrong with it.

I never said the one thing that went wrong would effect her.

•••

Today was the big day, for Serenity at least. Mine still wasn't for another four months, and that's when I push a ten pound baby out of a very small hole. Definitely not the same as two people getting married, but leave it to Serenity to make it look just as intense and stressful.

We were in her room with all the other bridesmaids and my mother. Serenity was pacing back and forth so much I felt a draft. At this rate the soles of her shoes were nonexistent.

"Ren can you sit down?" I asked trying to calm my frantic sister.

"What if something goes wrong? Like what if I rip my dress? Or fall as I walk down the aisle? Or what if the cake falls?" She asked with not one breath in between.

I laughed as I got up and walked over to her, "Serenity can you stop? You're stressing and worrying about the littlest things. Things that will probably not even happen. Just take a breath and accept that you can't control everything." I tell her as I rub up and down her arms.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before letting it go. She then opened her eyes and looked at me.

"Better? Can we get you ready now? You literally get married in an hour." I reminded her.

Serenity nodded before looking at everyone and smiling. We then went to work talking, singing, and getting Serenity to look like an actual princess. When I seen her all glammed up, that's when I really seen how much this life spoke to her. She fit in, and seeing all the other rich bridesmaids standing around and talk about things I knew absolutely nothing about. I felt out of place.

I was a random puzzle piece you find and it just doesn't fit the missing spot. You try and make it work, to make it fit. But no matter how hard you try all it's doing is messing up the other pieces. It makes the whole puzzle crooked and it's just not meant to be. So you take it out and get rid of it.

I wanted that, I didn't want this life and maybe that's because I already knew I was that puzzle piece. But rather than my family trying to force me into the empty spot, I took myself out. Didn't mean I didn't feel left out of majority of their conversations. Because I did, but I remembered today isn't about me, it's about Serenity.

We then heard a knock on the door and it was from my dad. He walked in and looked at my sister. He had the biggest smile.

"Wow you look stunning Serenity." He told her as they hugged.