Fifty-One

Chapter 51

Planning

"As long as we are each other's, that's all that matters."

•••

May

Peyton

I thought moving to a new city on my own was stressful. Planning to have a baby was stressful. Having the baby itself was stressful. But planning a wedding? A whole other level of stress.

•••

I had been up for four hours. It was now nine in the morning. My crazy sister decided to come back in town to help me get started on my wedding planning. I'm calling her crazy because she woke me up at five in the morning. Shawn had an early morning shift at the hospital.

He left me alone with my crazy sister. She was like the Monica Geller to my Rachel Green. But then again maybe it was good to have her here. She's the only one who's actually had a wedding and has been through all of this before.

"So the park for the wedding? Maybe we could close the whole park for it? Is that possible?" Serenity asked without allowing me to answer either of them.

"I don't know where we want it. We haven't exactly talked about it yet. The park sounds nice though, it's not going to be a very big wedding." I told her as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Well we can go look at small venues to have the ceremony at." She said, I'm sure she was talking to me but it didn't seem like she was.

Serenity's eyes never left her laptop screen as she typed away. My stomach growled with hunger, I hadn't ate yet. I looked at the time and realized I should wake up Melody as well. I stood up and Serenity still didn't look up at me.

I took that opportunity to grab a banana from my fruit bowl. I then took it upstairs and went into Melody's nursery. I woke her up gently and changed her before feeding her. I sat on the rocking chair eating my banana as I nursed Melody. When I finished the banana I put it in the trash and rocked myself back and forth in the rocking chair.

My phone then began to ring, I grabbed it from my back pocket. I seen who it was and answered.

"Hey you, hows your morning going?" Shawn asked when I answered.

I sighed, "I'm tired, hungry, and Serenity is making me more stressed than I already was."

"Oh no, why's that?" He asked.

"Because she's asking me things I'm not even sure I know. Like where do we want to get married? What kind of cake do we want? How many people are we inviting?" I tell him sounding completely annoyed.

Shawn laughed, "Sorry she's being an extreme planner on you. I'd be there to help but it's really busy here." He sighed sounding upset.

"Don't worry about me, she's my sister, I'll survive. You need to be there to help those who truly need it." I tell him not wanting him to feel bad for working. From doing what he loves, id never put him in a position that he had to choose his job or me.