Sixteen

Chapter 16

Cravings

"So whatever has made you throw up so far should be avoided and whatever sounds delicious should be eaten."

•••

Peyton

A craving. It is not uncommon for anyone to have cravings. It does not even need to do with sweets, some people sometimes just crave food in general. I have had my fair share of craving sweets when I am on my time of the month though. I am sure every girl has, guys can have cravings as well, it just means we want certain things and just constantly think about it. Like I said its common for everyone.

But being pregnant? It is like constantly craving things. No matter what time it is or if you just ate, you constantly feel the need to have certain foods.

•••

Serenity left at the beginning of the month back to Beverly Hills considering she helped me a bunch already. She told me I was now able to take care of myself and practically became a mom I didn't have. I already knew I was more than capable of doing this all on my own but Serenity likes to remind me how helpful she is.

Though now she has to start thinking about her self as her wedding nears. It was now October meaning the weather was transitioning from summer to fall. Nothing too out of hand but you could feel it start to cool down. It was also the month that I hit my third month of being pregnant. I practically had everything done so far and the baby wouldn't even be here for another six months.

Everything was done besides the nursery, I couldn't decide if I wanted neutral colors or just wait till I found out the gender of the baby. I found myself passing the room too many times a day deciding what to do with it. This could also just be a sign of boredom and my mind just telling myself I need a job.

So that's what I decided to do for the time being. I looked to see if I had gotten any news from the previous job interviews I did. But nothing, this really sucks especially since my mom never allowed me to get a job. I have no work experience, I mean that week of being an assistant to that asshole don't even count.

Serenity said her fiancé, Sam, owned a couple of coffee places nearby. She told me he'd work something out and get me a job. I'd get to work there until I wanted to work some place else. I was grateful for everything Serenity was doing for me. I didn't want to get things handed to me, that's why I moved away. But things just didn't work out how I planned and just needed my sisters help.

I had been working at the coffee place for two weeks now. I was a barista and actually didn't mind it all that much. Especially for my first job, it was hard the first few days but then I got the hang of it. I worked with another girl named Layla and a guy named Tony. They were close to my age and really nice, they help out a lot especially with the rushes.

I mean this place gets packed throughout the weekdays. It takes all three of us just to get through it. My parents must be really proud of Serenity and the man she choose. I on the other hand? Absolutely dreading the wedding only because I get to show up dateless and pregnant.

"Earth to Peyton!" Layla said as she waved her hand in front of my face.

I looked over at her, "Hmm?"