Fifty-Two

Chapter 52

Fever

"My poor baby."

•••

June

Peyton

In the last chapter I talked about being stress. I feel like I talk about stress so much that it's not even a shocker that I feel this way. But this time it wasn't because of my sister.

•••

Serenity left with all of her stressful wedding planning two weeks ago. Mostly because she promised her mother she'd spend time with her at their events. I was thankful because that meant I could finally breathe and not think about weddings.

Or so I thought.

"Did you think about when you wanted to get married?" Shawn asked as he cleaned the plate.

We just had spaghetti for dinner, he got home early today. Therefore I wasn't alone for dinner tonight. Not that I wasn't used to it but it was nice to have him home. But now we were back on the topic of our wedding, which we should talk about.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Maybe in November or even October."

"So close?" He asked.

I looked at him confused, "Did you want to wait longer?"

"No I just...with all the stress of it I thought you'd want to wait till next year." Shawn said calmly.

I shook my head, "No the sooner it is the better. The stress will be gone and I'll be happily married to you." I said with a smile.

"I couldn't have agreed more." Shawn told me as he put the plates in the dishwasher.

He walked over towards me and wrapped his arms around me. He leaned down and captured my lips. It was a slow and soft kiss, we had hardly talked these past few days. Mostly because of his crazy work schedule but I didn't mind.

"I've missed you." He said against my lips.

I smiled, "Prove it."

Shawn opened his eyes and looked at me. I could see the playfulness in them when he registered what I said. He picked me up and set me on the counter so I was the same height as him. Shawn cupped my face before crashing our lips together. The kiss was different.

It was more heated, filled with want and need. Like I was the oxygen he desperately needed right now. I melted into the kiss like putty. Just like how he kissed me like I was air, I actually needed the real thing. I pulled away and took a deep breath of the cool air.

Shawn didn't stop kissing me, his hands had moved to my thighs. It caused little bumps to rise on my skin. My breath caught in my throat as his hands inched up. All I was wearing was one of his T-shirt's which looked like a dress on me. Shawn kissed my neck causing my eyes to close.

"I think I want my shirt back." He whispered against my neck.

It took me a few seconds to know what he was saying. He pulled away and looked at me. He removed his hands from my thighs and instead took my hands and lifted them up. I let my arms stay up as he grabbed the hem of the shirt I was wearing.