Eighteen

Chapter 18

One Night

"No don't worry about it."

•••

Peyton

I normally would never sleep with someone on the first date. Not even on the second or third. I was never that girl I wanted to know the person before I did. That obviously didn't happen the last but that was only because I was too intoxicated to even know what I was doing. I also normally wouldn't drink that much but I'm not sure what happened that day either.

But what happened that night wasn't like last time. It was different and I will always remember that night. Cheesy I know but you'll find out why later.

•••

The oven timer rang letting us know that the cinnamon rolls were done. I opened the kitchen drawer looking for the oven mitts.

"I got it." Shawn said.

I tossed him the mittens and he put them on before opening the oven door. He then carefully grabbed the tray filled with the delicious doughy treats. He then set the tray down on the counter before closing the oven and turning it off. Shawn took off the mittens and set them down before clapping his hands.

"Okay what now?" He asked.

I laughed, "Nothing right now, they need to cool before we can cut them and put the icing."

He groaned, "They smell so good, and they look just as they smell. Do they normally get this big?"

I nodded, "Yup better than those small ones from stores huh?" I asked.

"Oh heck yeah." He said only making me laugh more.

"So while we wait, what's your favorite scary movie?" I asked moving out of the kitchen and toward my living room.

He had an amused look, "Scary movie?"

"Yeah, what's your favorite scary movie?" I asked again not sure how he was confused by what I asked.

"Uhhh the scream movies?" He said.

"Wow mine too." I said as I looked for the movies to play.

"Really?" He asked.

I nodded, "Favorite franchise. They're not scary but very enjoyable like they never really get old."

"Wow never met a girl that loved horror movies. They're mostly scared, or maybe it's part of a plan to get guys to wrap their arms around them?" He asked confused as he sat down next to me on the couch.

I shrugged, "Some are actually scared but I love horror movies. But can't stand those that look like the people are recording. Annoying and predictable not even scary."

"Hmm good to know." He said with amusement laced in his voice.

I looked up Scream and found it. I clicked play but couldn't focus on it at first. I was focused on how close shawn was sitting next to me. Our arms were touching and if I were to put my hand down by my side his would touch it. I don't know why this little bit of contact made me not focus on the movie.